Frankie Boyle's stinging attack

Although I agree with a lot of what Frankie Boyle says about Jeremy Clarkson (and other issues), I wonder whether people feel he is the right person to be saying them, given the controversy that has surrounded what he has said.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/aug/23/frankie-boyle-sack-jeremy-clarkson-cultural-tumour-bbc

Someone who thinks disability is fair game but likes to cry racist.

He'd fit in well on here.

I think that Clarkson knows just how far to push it, is very calculating whereas Boyle was much more scattergun and careless

Never liked JC myself, just a big spoilt kid of a lager lout in my opinion. Can't see him getting the boot from the BBC though, viewing figurse do well for TG and let's face it, his bigotry and offensiveness are epidemic in UK society; you just have to look at some of the comments posted on here to see that. But if he was to get the boot, I feed the independants would queueing to sign him up, which is a further demonstration of UK society.

Someone who thinks disability is fair game but likes to cry racist.

He'd fit in well on here.

And yet you probably couldn't find one post that would give that statement any credibility, unless it's ultra right wing racists who hate being labelled with that while equally seeing disability as "survival of the fittest" to excuse "get rid of the weakest" poisonous right underbelly thinking that frequents our most glorious SF.

Although I agree with a lot of what Frankie Boyle says about Jeremy Clarkson (and other issues), I wonder whether people feel he is the right person to be saying them, given the controversy that has surrounded what he has said.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/aug/23/frankie-boyle-sack-jeremy-clarkson-cultural-tumour-bbc

I like Boyle but hes a total hypocrite to say what he did. If anyone doubts then then watch his live shows. Hes brutal but so funny. No topic is off limits so i find it beyond belief that hes trying to claim the moral high ground now.

I guess he is a tad miffed because his career is now so dead that Top Gear laughed off his application to be a Star in a Reasonably Priced Car?

Is this the same Frankie Boyle who thought Jordans blind son was fair game?

Or Madeline McCann,Simon Weston and a whole load more that have somehow ended up in this idiots sick jokes.

What a pratt.:D

Is this the same Frankie Boyle who thought Jordans blind son was fair game?

Or Madeline McCann,Simon Weston and a whole load more that have somehow ended up in this idiots sick jokes.

What a pratt.:D

Frankie Boyle's comedy has always had a degree of shock value. Okay he's lost his way a bit now he's not on TV so much but I'd rather watch his kind of comedy than safe inoffensive PC comedy as typified by BBC favourites like Michael McIntyre and John Bishop.

I actually like Jeremy Clarkson as he does know where the line is. Even though he occasionally strays slightly over it. Where as Frankie Boyle is offensive in the extreme. I bought a Frankie Boyle DVD once before I knew what he was like and its the first time I have taken a dvd back for being too offensive.

I do find the controversy of Jeremy Clarkson using the "slope" word a bit extreme as they are shooting themselves in the foot complaining about it. I had never even heard about this word till people shouted asking for Jeremy Clarksons head. I had to google the word to understand it. If they had ignored it the word would still be in the bin of history now. All they have done is make a mildly racist term popular again.

... but I'd rather watch his kind of comedy than safe inoffensive PC comedy as typified by BBC favourites like Michael McIntyre and John Bishop.

It's a really weird situation when you say something and I agree.

I think I need a lie down.

Frankie Boyle's comedy has always had a degree of shock value. Okay he's lost his way a bit now he's not on TV so much but I'd rather watch his kind of comedy than safe inoffensive PC comedy as typified by BBC favourites like Michael McIntyre and John Bishop.

An idiot with half a brain can write a shock joke,theres no imagination needed whatsoever when writing one.

As for the "pc brigade",without these lot,Frankie's jokes wouldn't be uniquely shocking anymore,so in effect,he needs the PC brigade for his punchlines to actually work.

Anyways....you miss the point,which is....how the hell does this man have the nerve to pass comment on others behaviour,given his past record of purposely being offensive to others?:D