PS4 PS Vita remote play question

I've got a PS4 and thinking of investing in a PS Vita, mainly for remote play. My question for anyone who has both consoles is can you only play a game remotely if he disc is in the PS4? I've not bought any games digitally as I can find them cheaper for physical copies so if I was away on holiday and using my PS Vita for remote play would I be able to play all my games or just the one I left in the PS4?

Correct, the disc has to be in otherwise you could pirate all your games.

Any digitally downloaded and stored on the drive or the game that's in the console.

Provided they support remote play!

And your internet connection needs to be decent enough!

Edited by Ghozer

Actually its NOT local only, but its only "officially" supported locally as its a real PITA to get it to work remotely - I haven't managed it yet.

Any digitally downloaded and stored on the drive or the game that's in the console.

Provided they support remote play!

And your internet connection needs to be decent enough!

It's required that every ps4 game has remote play.

Actually its NOT local only, but its only "officially" supported locally as its a real PITA to get it to work remotely - I haven't managed it yet.

Had no problem getting mine running via the internet, works fine anywhere I've used it.

It's required that every ps4 game has remote play.

Then why does it say in Sony's own support pages that it depends on the support of the game?

Then why does it say in Sony's own support pages that it depends on the support of the game?

Sony have announced that Remote Play on PlayStation Vita will be a mandatory feature for all PlayStation 4 games, except for games that will utilize peripherals, such as PlayStation Move, that can not be replicated on PlayStation Vita.