Banks open today??

Guest brownd95

Hi All,

Is there any way I can get more cash today than is available through the atm??

Thanks,

Try ringing the bank. I know HSBC will temporarily increase the amount you can draw off your card. I wanted more than my £350 amount in one day from a cash machine so they upped it to £1000 for 24 hours.

Thats a very good idea by Snes. Also if you have a chequebook, then you might be able to cash one, although not sure guarantee cards exist any more?

Thats a very good idea by Snes. Also if you have a chequebook, then you might be able to cash one, although not sure guarantee cards exist any more?

Cheque guarantee cards haven't been issued since 2009 and the scheme finally closed on 30th June 2011.

Whilst upping the daily cash limit allowance on a card is technically possible at most banks I doubt it's a facility that would be readily agreed over a Bank Holiday weekend.

The cashback facility is worth a shot depending on how much is needed, but it may be limited to quite modest amounts. That's down to retailer and/or bank policy.

Same would apply if trying to buy travel facilities, foreign currency or gambling chips. All limited as considered to be cash, to which they could be exchanged too easily.

It's designed to prevent fraud, but can get in the way when there's good reason to draw cash in a hurry.

Personal circumstances with a specific bank may make it worthwhile calling them, but don't expect more cash that way before tomorrow.

Hi All,

Is there any way I can get more cash today than is available through the atm??

Thanks,

only way is to use a ATM machine the only thing is you might have to try a few as the machines soon run out of money try a supermarket where they may have 4 or 5 machines good hunting

I know HSBC call centre is open on bank holiday and I think they just push a button to do it! So they could do it on bank holiday I reckon!