Re-Launch of Neighbourhood Watch in Sheffield

So do we not have to lock stuff up?

if there are two cars on the street, one with a laptop on the seat i wonder which one will be broke into?

Guest sibon
So do we not have to lock stuff up?

Who is to blame, if you get something stolen from your car.

Locked, or unlocked. Whose fault is it?

---------- Post added 26-08-2014 at 00:12 ----------

if there are two cars on the street, one with a laptop on the seat i wonder which one will be broke into?

The Porsche.

Unfortunately in this day and age your own for not locking up and unfortunately insurance companies see it like that and won't pay out in some cases!

---------- Post added 26-08-2014 at 00:15 ----------

None of those things have EVER happened to me, why is that you suppose? If you show yourself as a victim, you become one.

You're missing the point, because the thief doesn't care, he will continue to look for easy pickings. That's NEVER going to change. So by default, the responsibility lies with the homeowner. This is really obvious logic.

Tell that to the insurance company who won't pay out. :roll eyes:

Learn the rules, play by them, don't get burned. Easy.

Coutts got it right at the beginning of the thread!

Guest sibon

Coutts got it right at the beginning of the thread!

Coutts never got anything right.

Thieves are 100% to blame for theft. That is a simple fact.

Originally Posted by kidley

sibon

The Porsche.

and leave the Acer Ferrari 1100 in the pug

Ok, I'll carry on taking some responsibility for my own home security and deter crime from my doorstep while people who long for the 1950's carry on feeding the criminals by stubbornly refusing to face facts and keep it from my door! I would just like to point out though, I don't include people who make a genuine mistake in all this! Just people who refuse to take security measures cause that is one fact no one can argue against! We have to take security measures in this day and age and none of us "normal folk" have the power to change that!

Yes thieves are to blame for theft, but if a person leaves a door open it encourages an opportunist thief to enter your house, you have to take all precautions not to entice a thief, if you do entice a thief you have to take responsibility i.e 'the blame' for not securing your property.

Yes thieves are to blame for theft, but if a person leaves a door open it encourages an opportunist thief to enter your house, you have to take all precautions not to entice a thief, if you do entice a thief you have to take responsibility i.e 'the blame' for not securing your property.

My point exactly! Quite well put!

Of course you are blameless.

The scrote who nicks the sat nav is 100% to blame.

I really dislike victim blaming, wherever it rears its head.

What next? "She was asking for it"

100% correct.

Ok, I'll carry on taking some responsibility for my own home security and deter crime from my doorstep while people who long for the 1950's carry on feeding the criminals by stubbornly refusing to face facts and keep it from my door!

The only thing that taking every security precaution does is move the theft opportunity further on down your street. A bit like thinking that you are curing the effects of global warming by building sea defences.

Do you not realise why crime was less in the 1950s? You need a reality check. You only have to look at the lack of dicipline in schools of today.

Make a real difference to crime-lobby the government if you have time to waste, for real justice for the scumbags.

Edited by mart

Coutts never got anything right. Thieves are 100% to blame for theft.

"Coutts" has literally NEVER got anything wrong!

I know, lets all whine on about how things "should be", when in the REAL world the "ideal" will NEVER happen, so it's a totally unproductive way of thinking and living. In fact, it's a very dangerous way to live.

In the REAL world I take TOTAL responsibility for what happens to me and my belongings. I don't simply react to life like a sitting duck. I prevent "bad luck" from happening in the first place.

The whiners moan that they should be able to display their latest £800 laptop in the window for all passers by to see, "what's the world coming to" they cry. If you stick a wet finger into an electricity socket, expect to feel some serious pain.

In the REAL world, security has never been more important or more affordable. If you live without very visible security on your cars and homes, and refuse to behave responsibly when attracting the wrong attention, don't come whining, you simply didn't have the common sense to prioritise and spend money on the necessary security measures. Simple as that. You're a liability to yourself. How do you even get through the day to be honest.