Re-Launch of Neighbourhood Watch in Sheffield

I Thought the Police already had unpaid workers doing their job.

PCso's?

PCSO's get paid and it is a full time job. Special Constables don't get paid! Also if people don't lock their doors or leave stuff on display in their cars, they have no one else to blame but themselves!

Neighbourhood watch !

What you going to do if 4 blokes in a nicked car pull up on your drive at 1 on a Sunday afternoon when your neighbour is on the front cutting her grass next door, go around the back of your house, pick up a paving slab and smash your door in, walk in your house with alarm going off and nick your 60 inch tv off of wall, go out and put it in back of car, neighbour then gets told if she gets in way she is going in boot with it ?

I understand it's to keep a look out but in these climates and circumstances they will not be 1 little bit bothered about u !

Neighbourhood watch !

What you going to do if 4 blokes in a nicked car pull up on your drive at 1 on a Sunday afternoon when your neighbour is on the front cutting her grass next door, go around the back of your house, pick up a paving slab and smash your door in, walk in your house with alarm going off and nick your 60 inch tv off of wall, go out and put it in back of car, neighbour then gets told if she gets in way she is going in boot with it ?

I understand it's to keep a look out but in these climates and circumstances they will not be 1 little bit bothered about u !

Phone police??

Neighbourhood watch !

Its a bit difficult to understand why people are trolling a voluntary organisation that is trying to raise awareness of crime to communities.

Maybe the best thing to do is not to say anything at all if you don't have anything positive to say.

Very strange! :(

Its a bit difficult to understand why people are trolling a voluntary organisation that is trying to raise awareness of crime to communities.

Maybe the best thing to do is not to say anything at all if you don't have anything positive to say.

The only positive thing to do is to lock up your properties the best you can and hope you don't get hit as if they want it bad enough they will get it simple.

The above happened to my partners parents house and am just making aware the extremes that u are dealing with, how strange ! :hihi:

Neighbourhood watch !

True. Simply because there is no deterrent.

We genuinely think that is one option to say absolutely nothing so people don't get offended.

There is an old saying I've heard before that the truth hurts, and we don't wish to cause anybody any pain or suffering.

That's really why we do what we do.

One area of Sheffield on one police report for the last week had a dozen instances burglary.

That may not be representative of the whole city but it's enough to keep us motivated in trying to reduce it.

If you are reading this forum please post as new topics and talk about your experiences they can only help people.

Thank you

if people don't lock their doors or leave stuff on display in their cars, they have no one else to blame but themselves!

Except of course the perpetrator. :)

[/color]

Except of course the perpetrator. :)

Hi Alan

Thank you for bringing up the issue of the perpetrator.

We are aware that a considerable number of offenders when arrested and tested for being under the influence of drugs or alcohol are found to have issues in those areas.

From a recent conversation held with professionals at a mental health unit it became clear that some of the residents at the mental health unit had issues with both drugs and alcohol.

One of the members of staff related her 20 years of experience to alcohol being the most dangerous drug she had to deal with.

She made a statement that even heroin addicts can be brought off of heroin at home.

But alcoholics needed to be admitted to hospital.

When pressed on the subject she made the statement that made me realise that the perpetrator if under the influence of drink or drugs is behaving differently.

If we don't take drink or drugs maybe it's difficult for us to understand the effects that either drink or drugs or a combination of both can have on a perpetrator.

Is there motivation the drink or the drugs?

As a society do we consider the individual to be capable when they are in fact addicts to either drink or drugs?

Is the solution putting people who have mind altering substances in their body in prison when it may in fact be the mind altering substance that is caused the crime?

The term out of it I've heard used on many occasions... Could this be a real recognition that the harm that drink or drugs causes is actually just the crime.

So no matter who gets burgled or suffers crime they are in fact the victim and that victim is called society?

I think you've hit on an absolutely fantastic point Alan we need to look more at the perpetrator and we need to consider in more detail their ability to resist these influences, that so many of them have upon them, at the time they commit crime?

Edited by NWSheffield
duplicated

It would be nice to know who is chairing this meeting and what officials that will be their?

Unfortunately I can't agree with your post as you clearly don't appear to have heard of the concept of "contributory negligence" (common law).

Very silly of you to present yourself as something special and then stick your head in the noose.

Contributory negligence does not apply as you suggest ... as it does not apply to rape.

Do what you are good at and stop trying to be all things to all people.

NWSheffield, your user name, avatar, signature and use of the first person plural would indicate that you are speaking on behalf of Sheffield Neighbourhood Watch. However some of your comments appear to be merely personal opinions. There is also the small problem that some of your posts don't make sense. An earlier poster asked for a translation and you confessed you'd forgotten what you meant so couldn't help him.