Ebola - God cured me!

Do you think the following people were 'poor lost souls' and 'vulnerable/easily led'
I doubt he does, but the people on that list are certainly not usual, and he was speaking generally, not absolutely, so you don't really have a point.

I find it's usually poor lost soles who need some kind of guidance in their lives who turn to 'God ' .......... vulnerable people who are easily lead.

There was a point and it was made quite clear

If you or anyone can't see it then that's not my problem.

Oh don't worry I know exactly what you were trying to say, you just didn't substantiate it.

Also, treating it at face value, it's a meaningless argument from authority anyway, has no bearing on truth.

Some on here like to play with words, twisting what others have written, trying to make out they meant something else.

Do you think the following people were 'poor lost souls' and 'vulnerable/easily led':

(to name a few)..

Albert Einstein

Max Planck

Guglielmo Marconi

Arthur Compton

Abdus Salam

Winston Churchill

Jimmy Carter

Theodore Roosevelt

Nelson Mandela

Isaac Newton

Galileo Galilei

Nicolaus Copernicus

Johannes Kepler

Francis Bacon

Blaise Pascal

They all believed in God and adhered to a faith.

Think they did pretty well for lost souls.. don't you?

It appears that Einstein wasn't really a christian, the others (apart from Salam) were raised in a strong Christian culture.

Some on here like to play with words, twisting what others have written, trying to make out they meant something else.

So that's very similar to how the religious play with words and interpret what is written in the Bible to mean what they want it to mean.

It appears that Einstein wasn't really a christian, the others (apart from Salam) were raised in a strong Christian culture.

If you actually study him it says in his latter years he changed his opinion, he wrote a letter to that effect .

It could also be argued that Churchill was not a real Christian for allowing the firebombing of Germany. Truman not a real Christian for allowing the Atomic bomb to be dropped on Japan. Nelson Mandela not a real Christian for being a terrorist in an organisation that killed people. Isaac Newton not a real Christian as he was obsessed with the occult rather than religion.

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 22:14 ----------

If you actually study him it says in his latter years he changed his opinion, he wrote a letter to that effect .

This a quote from that letter that he wrote in 1954 a year before he died..

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

Richard Dawkins put in a bid at the auction of it but failed.

It could also be argued that Churchill was not a real Christian for allowing the firebombing of Germany. Truman not a real Christian for allowing the Atomic bomb to be dropped on Japan. Nelson Mandela not a real Christian for being a terrorist in an organisation that killed people. Isaac Newton not a real Christian as he was obsessed with the occult rather than religion.

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 22:14 ----------

This a quote from that letter that he wrote in 1954 a year before he died..

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

Richard Dawkins put in a bid at the auction of it but failed.

It doesn't matter that he wrote it a year before his death, the fact is that he did write to the effect he did believe in and have a relationship with God .

It doesn't matter that he wrote it a year before his death, the fact is that he did write to the effect he did believe in and have a relationship with God .

When I was a child I believed in Santa and the tooth fairy and now I'm grown up I dont.

The simple fact is Einstein never said he had a relationship with God and wrote the opposite in his final years hoping to clear up some assumptions about what he believed.

Do you think the following people were 'poor lost souls' and 'vulnerable/easily led':

(to name a few)..

Albert Einstein

Max Planck

Guglielmo Marconi

Arthur Compton

Abdus Salam

Winston Churchill

Jimmy Carter

Theodore Roosevelt

Nelson Mandela

Isaac Newton

Galileo Galilei

Nicolaus Copernicus

Johannes Kepler

Francis Bacon

Blaise Pascal

They all believed in God and adhered to a faith.

Think they did pretty well for lost souls.. don't you?

I think that without a doubt they were, at some point in their lives, vulnerable and/or easily led. Most likely as children, which is when religion usually strikes.

Your post, by the way, is an appeal to authority bordering an appeal to popularity.

...I won't contribute anymore to this pointless thread .

Didn't he also leave earlier saying it was pointless and come back anyway?

Yes.

It is covered by Shaker's Law (aka "Leaving and never coming back")

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/RationalWiki:Leaving_and_never_coming_back

Leaving and never coming back is an internet euphemism whereby a frustrated participant in a forum, or blog, or whatever, takes away their ball and refuses to play. Sometimes this occurs after grandly declaring "victory," but more often when they are simply unable to get their own way. Often times, the LANCBer cannot get his or her way because the forum is riddled with sycophants who gang up on them, even though the LANCBer is clearly correct.

It is usually publicly announced, done with great fanfare, and followed by a quiet return within a week or even within a few minutes. A statement of LANCB virtually guarantees a return, thus destroying any ultimata or idealism involved in their "leaving."

A particularly grandiose LANCB is often referred to as a flounce. The word can also be a verb, as in "user Tyranny_of_Evil_Women flounced out of the forum, but he was back three days later posting as AgentLemon." If accompanied by a particularly emotional farewell speech, this is also known as a Grand Staircase Exit.

It is a common affliction with internet users who are in urgent need of the wahmbulance.[/Quote]

10,9,8,7... ;)

There you go again Snailboy , I see you are playing with words , I believe Teeny was speaking about the jokey story on here. Interestingly she pointed out God used us to change outcomes . Snailboy he's even used you upon this thread so much so there was a response , which has enabled them to have understanding of God . Thank you for that . Amazing .

At least you kept one promise; you are still not contributing anything to this thread! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 23:55 ----------

no because God gave me the gift of sight so I use it !!!

God chooses not to give blind people sight. Why does god hate blind people (...and amputees)?

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/

("Mysterious ways" is a non-answer.)

Edited by redwhine