Ebola - God cured me!

Okay so you DO believe God keeps people safe.

So, why doesn't he?

The fact that you haven't been attacked doesn't mean he kept you safe. The fact that other people do get attacked indicates very strongly that he doesn't keep people safe.

I think what teeny is saying and I'm prepared to be corrected..her God will protect if you have faith/trust/belief. Other than that it's a crapshoot.

No as ken said I was stating that situation God provided many ways for that man to rescued but he did'nt take it. his choice.

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 10:10 ----------

Ken

Why do you believe in one God? Who told you that your God is the 'one'? Are all other Gods a figment of people's imaginations, or are they all misguided?

And where was your God in the Ebola case I linked to? Just asking, as you might have missed it...

[/quote

I believe God was their with that person who died and gave him peace.

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 10:13 ----------

as Ken says one was or maybe still is an Atheist , the others are just people who are interested in Knowing God , 2 of which have been involved with JWs in the past.

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 10:20 ----------

I believe <snip>Jesus.

You should at least credit wherever it is you cut and pasted that from...

You (or rather someone else) has written some burble about what you believe, but you still haven't said why you believe in this particular God as opposed to believing any other religion.

The simple answer, which you won't accept, is indoctrination.

If you had different parents and were from Jerusalem, the odds are you'd be a Jew. If you had different parents and were from Tehran, the odds are you'd be a Muslim. If you were an ancient Greek from Athens, you'd be a fan of Zeus, plus an assortment of other Gods. Ditto classical Rome. Or Scandinavia.

And God giving comfort to the poor Ebola victim? Why? Why wasn't he saved when others have been? He's an unpredictable isn't he, your God?

Edited by perplexed

Perhaps blind chance has kept you safe. Anyway why are white people still hated? Mugabe has been in charge for about 35 years & is surely to blame for most of Zimbabwe's problems.

white people are now racially abused.I am not sure why but the white population is lower than what it used to be.

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 13:42 ----------

The big question though is, Why do you believe it?

I believe in God because I know He is real and I can feel His presence. The proofs for God, are all around us. We all are not just a body, but we are a person who consists of 3 parts: Body, soul, and spirit. We Christian’s can "Feel the presence of God" which is part of that gift discernment of the spirit. If there is spirit in us then there must be the spiritual world, which is eternity because spirit is the energy that cannot be destroyed, it will exist forever and ever. Body is only a shell for us to live on this earth, once the spirit left the body, the body will just rot away to dust again, for it was made from dust, thus come back also to dust.

The bible said spirit was the breath of God, where we were all created in His image, that we are all bestowed with knowledge and creativity to create things on earth. This is another proof how wonderfully God has created us human being.

Evidence for God :

While absolute proof of the existence of God cannot be realised by any human being, the great weight of evidence, when rationally evaluated, clearly balances the scales heavily in favour of God. We can demonstrate "beyond a reasonable doubt" that "He is, and that He is a rewarded of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

I know one was atheist before speaking to Teeny, he has attended ,the church Teeny goes to for 5 weeks. The others I don't know about but I do know they came because they want to know more .

I am an Agnostic and attended Church a few months ago. It was a Sunday morning service held in an Anglo Catholic Church in Barnsley. After listening to the sermon on divorce and why it was wrong, seeing how the Sunday school children were being manipulated at an early age, watching the communion given and listening to the happy clappy congregation I realise how my instincts were correct. God didn't have anything to say only the preacher so I still remain agnostic and a non-believer.

Would you, for instance, use that trust to cross a busy road blindfolded?

no because God gave me the gift of sight so I use it !!!

no because God gave me the gift of sight so I use it !!!

I guess trust only goes so far.

I guess trust only goes so far.

If god told me he wanted me to cross the road blindfold that would be different , he hasn't said that he gave me eyes

If god told me he wanted me to cross the road blindfold that would be different , he hasn't said that he gave me eyes

I'm guessing she gave you a brain to think for yourself too? Use it instead of reading us scripture and verse!

So, hypothetically, if your god decided one day that you should go blind, would your trust still be there to cross the busy road safely?

I think what teeny is saying and I'm prepared to be corrected..her God will protect if you have faith/trust/belief. Other than that it's a crapshoot.

You mean like

?

While many Christian families in Oklahoma (part of America's infamous bible belt) sat at home praying that the Lord would save them from the approaching tornado, Rebecca was tracking the progress of the storm online. When it became apparent the tornado was going to hit them, she took her baby and bailed, driving to safety and leaving her town behind. 24 people who stayed behind were killed and a further 353 injured.

She's become a bit of an internet phenomenon, regarded as brave for admitting her atheism on TV while living in the bible belt.

Comedian Doug Stanhope raised over $125,000 for her.

The people who stayed behind had faith that their God would keep them safe but he didn't.

You mean like
?

While many Christian families in Oklahoma (part of America's infamous bible belt) sat at home praying that the Lord would save them from the approaching tornado, Rebecca was tracking the progress of the storm online. When it became apparent the tornado was going to hit them, she took her baby and bailed, driving to safety and leaving her town behind. 24 people who stayed behind were killed and a further 353 injured.

She's become a bit of an internet phenomenon, regarded as brave for admitting her atheism on TV while living in the bible belt.

Comedian Doug Stanhope raised over $125,000 for her.

The people who stayed behind had faith that their God would keep them safe but he didn't.

I love stories like this. Did it not occur to the people who stayed there praying that, if God creates all things, then he mist have created the tornado and sent it to destroy the town - for whatever reason? Therefore the free will he allegedly also gave them should have told then to get the hell out of there. I know my previous post was a joke but isn't this essentially the same thing? Cannot wait for the reasoning out Christian friends will give us for this one. Popcorn at the ready...

I love stories like this. Did it not occur to the people who stayed there praying that, if God creates all things, then he mist have created the tornado and sent it to destroy the town - for whatever reason? Therefore the free will he allegedly also gave them should have told then to get the hell out of there. I know my previous post was a joke but isn't this essentially the same thing? Cannot wait for the reasoning out Christian friends will give us for this one. Popcorn at the ready...

Because, like Teeny, they believe that their God will keep them safe.

The mentality is evident in this video, their priority is praying in times of crisis...