Ebola - God cured me!

I'm fully aware of which post Teeny was responding to, what I'm asking her is when she said that God provides all we need to stay safe, was she also joking or did she mean it.

I find your mind reading abilities quite entertaining but why not let her answer for herself this time, eh?

I was just helping you out . Yes I believe Teeny believes what she says I am sure she will pop by and answer later .

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 09:15 ----------

It's difficult to disprove the existence of God - any God. For example, Teeny, Ken et al have yet to singularly disprove the superiority of Artemis, Hestia, Athena, Zeus, Hermes, Hephaistos, Thetis, Aphrodite... or please insert the any of the countless other deities you particularly fancy...

The point is that the abject nonsense pedalled to the vulnerable should be challenged at every opportunity - I've met people in their old age who have been psychologically damaged by religion and still suffer from it, even after being able to finally break from its nasty clutches.

Meanwhile, I wonder what this poor soul did wrong...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-35320363

I believe in one God not Gods .

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 09:19 ----------

It would be interesting to know their previous beliefs though, were they followers of a different church, or were they agnostics, atheists or perhaps a quite different religion?

I know one was atheist before speaking to Teeny, he has attended ,the church Teeny goes to for 5 weeks. The others I don't know about but I do know they came because they want to know more . Again I am sure Teeny will tell you. These are people who has read the thread but not all have contributed.

I was just helping you out . Yes I believe Teeny believes what she says I am sure she will pop by and answer later .

Then your 'help' is severely pointless.

I pointed out that her statement about God giving people what they need to keep them safe was clearly untrue.

You intervened and said that she was just responding to the joke anecdote, which I already knew, it was obvious. But what I was asking is, was Teeny's statement also a joke or did she mean it?

You're saying no joke, she means it.

So we're back at square one.

Ken

Why do you believe in one God? Who told you that your God is the 'one'? Are all other Gods a figment of people's imaginations, or are they all misguided?

And where was your God in the Ebola case I linked to? Just asking, as you might have missed it...

Then your 'help' is severely pointless.

I pointed out that her statement about God giving people what they need to keep them safe was clearly untrue.

You intervened and said that she was just responding to the joke anecdote, which I already knew, it was obvious. But what I was asking is, was Teeny's statement also a joke or did she mean it?

You're saying no joke, she means it.

So we're back at square one.

No as ken said I was stating that situation God provided many ways for that man to rescued but he did'nt take it. his choice.

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 10:10 ----------

Ken

Why do you believe in one God? Who told you that your God is the 'one'? Are all other Gods a figment of people's imaginations, or are they all misguided?

And where was your God in the Ebola case I linked to? Just asking, as you might have missed it...[/quote

I believe God was their with that person who died and gave him peace.

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 10:13 ----------

It would be interesting to know their previous beliefs though, were they followers of a different church, or were they agnostics, atheists or perhaps a quite different religion?

as Ken says one was or maybe still is an Atheist , the others are just people who are interested in Knowing God , 2 of which have been involved with JWs in the past.

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 10:20 ----------

It's difficult to disprove the existence of God - any God. For example, Teeny, Ken et al have yet to singularly disprove the superiority of Artemis, Hestia, Athena, Zeus, Hermes, Hephaistos, Thetis, Aphrodite... or please insert the any of the countless other deities you particularly fancy...

The point is that the abject nonsense pedalled to the vulnerable should be challenged at every opportunity - I've met people in their old age who have been psychologically damaged by religion and still suffer from it, even after being able to finally break from its nasty clutches.

Meanwhile, I wonder what this poor soul did wrong...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-35320363

I believe that there is one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three Manifestations: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

I believe that Jesus is the Son of God. We believe that Jesus Christ was true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered, died, was buried, and rose from the dead for our total salvation. We believe that the blood of Jesus Christ atones for our sins and iniquity. Further, I believe that Jesus Christ arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate. We believe that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Him.

I believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity. The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and during this age, to convict men of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service. Further, I believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues, but the evidence of the Holy Spirit’s indwelling presence is a changed life. I believe that as Christians we must be filled daily by using our prayer language.

I believe that the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, are the inspired Word of God without error in the original writings, and complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life. I believe that the Bible is the true infallible Word of God, which cleanses our souls.

The Bible does not contain the Word of God; it is the Word of God. I believe that we are to wash and renew our minds daily by the Word of God, thereby learning His ways and exchanging our way of thinking for His.

I believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained. Therefore, every professing believer must have a personal and intimate relationship with Jesus Christ, for apart from Him we can do nothing. Further, we believe that each person has a ministry from God that no one else can fill. I will accomplish this destiny by instructing, teaching, exhorting, and admonishing believers in the ways of God.

I believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ by faith are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God. It is through His shed blood that I am saved, healed and set free from bondage and the forces of darkness.

I believe in the personal and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope. We believe in the rapture, that the dead in Christ will rise first, and those who are alive and remain shall be caught up to meet Jesus in the air.

I believe that after death, eternal life begins, in heaven or hell, based on one’s decision to live according to God’s Word or rebel against God. I believe that there will be a bodily resurrection of all the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, and of the unbeliever to judgement and everlasting conscious judgement.

I believe that the true Church is composed of all such persons, who through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been born again by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ.

I believe that water baptism by immersion soon after accepting Christ as personal Saviour, is a testimony of death to sin and resurrection to a new life and the Lord’s Supper is a memorial service setting forth in sacred and symbolic manner the death of Jesus Christ; all true believers and only believers should share in it.

I believe that tithing and bringing offerings into the local Church is a major covenantal obligation that we have toward God as His partners, for the support of all the ministries of the Church, the poor, homeless, the widows, and otherwise unfortunate.

I believe in the manifestation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I believe that it is God’s will to heal and deliver His people today as He did in the days of the first Apostles and it is by the stripes of Jesus that we are healed, delivered and made whole. Further, we also believe that as New Testament believers, we have authority over sickness, disease, demons, curses, and every circumstance in life, in the name of Jesus.

Edited by teeny

No as ken said I was stating that situation God provided many ways for that man to rescued but he did'nt take it. his choice.

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 10:10 ----------

Ken

And where was your God in the Ebola case I linked to? Just asking, as you might have missed it...[/quote

I believe God was their with that person who died and gave him peace.

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 10:13 ----------

as Ken says one was or maybe still is an Atheist , the others are just people who are interested in Knowing God , 2 of which have been involved with JWs in the past.

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 10:20 ----------

I believe that there is one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three Manifestations: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

I believe that Jesus is the Son of God. We believe that Jesus Christ was true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered, died, was buried, and rose from the dead for our total salvation. We believe that the blood of Jesus Christ atones for our sins and iniquity. Further, I believe that Jesus Christ arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate. We believe that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Him.

I believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity. The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and during this age, to convict men of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service. Further, I believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues, but the evidence of the Holy Spirit’s indwelling presence is a changed life. I believe that as Christians we must be filled daily by using our prayer language.

I believe that the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, are the inspired Word of God without error in the original writings, and complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life. I believe that the Bible is the true infallible Word of God, which cleanses our souls.

The Bible does not contain the Word of God; it is the Word of God. I believe that we are to wash and renew our minds daily by the Word of God, thereby learning His ways and exchanging our way of thinking for His.

I believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained. Therefore, every professing believer must have a personal and intimate relationship with Jesus Christ, for apart from Him we can do nothing. Further, we believe that each person has a ministry from God that no one else can fill. I will accomplish this destiny by instructing, teaching, exhorting, and admonishing believers in the ways of God.

I believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ by faith are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God. It is through His shed blood that I am saved, healed and set free from bondage and the forces of darkness.

I believe in the personal and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope. We believe in the rapture, that the dead in Christ will rise first, and those who are alive and remain shall be caught up to meet Jesus in the air.

I believe that after death, eternal life begins, in heaven or hell, based on one’s decision to live according to God’s Word or rebel against God. I believe that there will be a bodily resurrection of all the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, and of the unbeliever to judgement and everlasting conscious judgement.

I believe that the true Church is composed of all such persons, who through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been born again by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ.

I believe that water baptism by immersion soon after accepting Christ as personal Saviour, is a testimony of death to sin and resurrection to a new life and the Lord’s Supper is a memorial service setting forth in sacred and symbolic manner the death of Jesus Christ; all true believers and only believers should share in it.

I believe that tithing and bringing offerings into the local Church is a major covenantal obligation that we have toward God as His partners, for the support of all the ministries of the Church, the poor, homeless, the widows, and otherwise unfortunate.

I believe in the manifestation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I believe that it is God’s will to heal and deliver His people today as He did in the days of the first Apostles and it is by the stripes of Jesus that we are healed, delivered and made whole. Further, we also believe that as New Testament believers, we have authority over sickness, disease, demons, curses, and every circumstance in life, in the name of Jesus.

please see post #1383.

The big question though is, Why do you believe it?

Edited by SnailyBoy

So with the joke anecdote aside, you don't believe that God will provide to keep people safe in general?

So with the joke anecdote aside, you don't believe that God will provide to keep people safe in general?

I do believe God keeps people safe I trust him to keep me safe when I am in a squatter camp where there is known to be people who hate white people ! It's Trust

I do believe God keeps people safe I trust him to keep me safe when I am in a squatter camp where there is known to be people who hate white people ! It's Trust

Perhaps blind chance has kept you safe. Anyway why are white people still hated? Mugabe has been in charge for about 35 years & is surely to blame for most of Zimbabwe's problems.

Would you, for instance, use that trust to cross a busy road blindfolded?

So am I misguided if I believe in Thor? If Thor appears at the bottom of my bed after preying to him, am I delusional? Or is Thor in reality your God dressed in horns and sheepskins..considering your God is the one and only?

Another question..what wouldn't you do if your God requested it of you?

Okay so you DO believe God keeps people safe.

So, why doesn't he?

The fact that you haven't been attacked doesn't mean he kept you safe. The fact that other people do get attacked indicates very strongly that he doesn't keep people safe.