Ebola - God cured me!

I would imagine it is very easy to tell yourself that you are experiencing something like that. Unfortunately it proves nothing.

I've followed this thread for a while now and I find myself asking the same question when it comes to these 'religion' threads.

Why do you all persist with such discussions?

No-one on this thread whom questions the Christian God seriously approaches the issue with an open-mind. And I include Teeney in that too. Afterall, one could argue that she is as closed minded as the people throwing questions at her.

We each stick to our guns and then strangely enough the topic descends into point-scoring rather than actually thinking that we may not all have the answers and it is entirely possible for something (be it God, Aliens, Ghosts etc) that we cannot see/hear/touch etc.

So ask yourself this : If you truly believe that God does / doesn't exist...then why are you debating it on a forum? Neither side is likely to change their position, so essentially you are just trying to make each other seem foolish....but to who? Some nobodies stuck behind a computer?

For each persons side, if you have a genuine interest in the 'Does God Exist or not', go outside, speak to a Vicar, Theologian, Learned Atheist etc. For it could be argued that internet links/articles can be easily manipulated (Wikipedia) as much as some would say the Bible is.

I've followed this thread for a while now and I find myself asking the same question when it comes to these 'religion' threads.

No-one on this thread whom questions the Christian God seriously approaches the issue with an open-mind. And I include Teeney in that too. Afterall, one could argue that she is as closed minded as the people throwing questions at her.

We each stick to our guns and then strangely enough the topic descends into point-scoring rather than actually thinking that we may not all have the answers and it is entirely possible for something (be it God, Aliens, Ghosts etc) that we cannot see/hear/touch etc.

So ask yourself this : If you truly believe that God does / doesn't exist...then why are you debating it on a forum? Neither side is likely to change their position, so essentially you are just trying to make each other seem foolish....but to who? Some nobodies stuck behind a computer?

For each persons side, if you have a genuine interest in the 'Does God Exist or not', go outside, speak to a Vicar, Theologian, Learned Atheist etc. For it could be argued that internet links/articles can be easily manipulated (Wikipedia) as much as some would say the Bible is.

thats because I have seen the truth and chosen to follow the christian faith

you never know whos watching :)

It's important because religion stifles rational thinking based on the reality of the world we live in.

It's important because religion stifles rational thinking based on the reality of the world we live in.

And you think you are going to change that...?

And you think you are going to change that...?

Every little helps.

Only if you're a blind follower...and shut out science totally.

Because they've no more idea whether God or gods exist than anyone else, whichever denomination (or religion) they might be.

The thread deals with the question of whether a deity, if it exists, should intervene in its own creation, and if so it would imply that the creation is substandard or inadequate.

Because they've no more idea whether God or gods exist than anyone else, whichever denomination (or religion) they might be.

The thread deals with the question of whether a deity, if it exists, should intervene in its own creation, and if so it would imply that the creation is substandard or inadequate.

Agreed,

That was supposed to be the purpose of the thread. But as with all the 'religion' threads (and I use the term religion loosely because every thread focuses solely on the Judea-Christian faith) it descends into point-scoring and nit-picking of selected biblical texts.

Agreed,

That was supposed to be the purpose of the thread. But as with all the 'religion' threads (and I use the term religion loosely because every thread focuses solely on the Judea-Christian faith) it descends into point-scoring and nit-picking of selected biblical texts.

I'd welcome other faiths to join in, same rules apply.