Paying for sex debate has reached Radio 4

People who enjoy alcohol can buy as much alcohol as they want and get drunk, people who like chocolate and cakes can buy as much of the stuff as they like and become obese, yet neither are as taboo as somebody paying for something as natural (and arguably much healthier than the aforementioned) as sex.

I'd guess fat alcoholics probably get a lot more abuse than sex punters. And if you're not sure whether sex is healthier than cirrhosis and obesity then you're not getting enough of something, and it probably isn't chocolate cake.

As a man far more intelligent, charismatic and funny than me once said:

I don't understand why prostitution is illegal. Selling is legal, sex is legal. So, why isn't it legal to sell sex? (Cleaned up slightly for forum consumption)

Apparently it's ok to give it away for free, but even if both parties are happy about a financial transaction, that's somehow wrong. Crazy!

In the UK at least, it's not illegal.

That's an oxymoron surely?

No, an oxymoron is a phrase where one part contradicts another. Examples you might use on here might be "responsible staffy owner" or "attractive single mother".