Biker hit by car on Leighton Rd

Has anybody heard how the biker is who was hit by a car on Leighton Rd on Sunday evening? I did hear he was one of the off road bikers who are plagueing the estate.

He is indeed one of the off road bikers. He has broken his leg in a couple of places and also his arm. Hopefully won't be revving around anytime soon!

Hopefully he will have learned his lesson...and he isnt a biker, he's a scrote !

Was this biker riding a blue bike at all? If so, I witness him once riding over Norton mini roundabout and then doing a wheelie up Norton Lane on the wrong side of the road.

Hopefully he will have learned his lesson...and he isnt a biker, he's a scrote !

That's the best news I've heard for ages.

I used to live there. The off road bikers (sorry to the real bikers out there, its just so people know what i mean) caused merry hell. One time they almost run over a women pushing a pram on the public path. They then turned round and did the exact same thing again. This women was hysterical and scared and i took a pasting from 3 of them trying to help this poor lass. The pasting was worth it as she got home safe and rang the police. Anyway, this lad wont be one of the same as it was a good few years ago now so i wish him a speedy recovery and hope he learned his lesson. Its a painful way to learn though.

To be fair i do believe there is a good argument now for some kind of traffic calming measure to be introduced on Leighton Road. There have been at least 2 deaths and more than half a dozen serious collisions in the past 5 years. Something needs to be done. I also hope that this 'near miss' will serve as a reminder to the sensless idiots that their dirt bikes would be better used off road??

To be fair i do believe there is a good argument now for some kind of traffic calming measure to be introduced on Leighton Road. There have been at least 2 deaths and more than half a dozen serious collisions in the past 5 years. Something needs to be done. I also hope that this 'near miss' will serve as a reminder to the sensless idiots that their dirt bikes would be better used off road??

What will traffic calming do? All it does it ruin law abiding drivers cars. The chavs and scroats dont care and besides most of the biking is done on the paths.

I will say though i didnt know there had been two deaths there in the last 5 years. As an ex local im saddened by that.

Sorry Intake Too, but Leighton Road is a really dangerous road. I live just up from where the latest incident happened and it won't be too long until yet another death or child seriously injured occurs. I'm a motorist and agree that some of the traffic calming measures in our city are a bit over the top. But Leighton road is a very busy estate road with only one crossing (Near the shops) and several blind junctions. Suely in the interest of safety a pelican crossing or dare i say speed camera would do the trick?

Sorry Intake Too, but Leighton Road is a really dangerous road. I live just up from where the latest incident happened and it won't be too long until yet another death or child seriously injured occurs. I'm a motorist and agree that some of the traffic calming measures in our city are a bit over the top. But Leighton road is a very busy estate road with only one crossing (Near the shops) and several blind junctions. Suely in the interest of safety a pelican crossing or dare i say speed camera would do the trick?

Speed camera, No. Its a revenue earner for the police and wont solve the problem as Gleadless has more than its fair share of pool cars and illegal drivers. Some proper crossing and more of them then yes, that would be a help. I would encourage the police however to have more patrols or maybe do a local blitz of the area to catch speeders and dangerous driver along with the illegal drivers.

I would totally agree! The amount of drivers exceeding the speed limit especially near the Wyvern is astronomical. SYP would have a field day if they did 'blitz' the area that's for sure!

I would totally agree! The amount of drivers exceeding the speed limit especially near the Wyvern is astronomical. SYP would have a field day if they did 'blitz' the area that's for sure!

Near the Wyvern was bad when i lived close, sad to see its not changed for the better but the police must know what we all know. Your right, doing a blitz down there would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Anyone with a totally legal car, insurance, mot, license will be free to go on thier way. The dodgy ones get pulled, checked out, impounded and then thats one more death trap off the road. Im sure along with illegal cars theyd also find other illegal activities and so by stopping the cars they would be disrupting that too.