Would you use language like this..

Agree 100%

That it's OK for UKIP supporters to be offended,but not 'Lefties'?

You would be completely correct if 'Ting Tong' was used in this country as a derogatory term for Asian, Thai or even someone generally from abroad. <snip>

'Ting Tong' was not a reference to race or nationality. It was clearly an unflattering reference to a mail order bride character because the woman being describe is obviously a mail order bride.

Is there even any point in trying to get through your fog of denial, by reminding you that "ting tong", which has gained popularity from the show Little Britain, is clearly and unequivocally associated with a mail order bride from East Asian origin in that show? Probably not.

Thai mail order brides are as numerous/popular as Russian mail order brides, and I've never heard or seen these Russian brides referred to as "ting tongs". Have you? :rolleyes:

<snipped bit>

But it isn't and there your whole argument falls down.

Keep telling yourself that :hihi: Edited by L00b

Yeah, so now you're pretending as hard as you can that "ting tong from somewhere" isn't a reference to race, when it quite clearly is.

Are you going to pretend that she might have said the same thing to a white person? And that the coincidence of the character being Thai and the person being insulted also being Thai, is just that, an unlikely coincidence?

kidley

She called a thai girl in her own language an idiot where.s the racism in that, we have been over this to many times on this thread and and you stand alone with your opinion

Nobody makes you read this thread...

Ooh ... sorry to interrupt. You carry on arguing for the sake of it, whilst I tootle off and carry on with what I was on with. :P

She called a thai girl in her own language an idiot where.s the racism in that, we have been over this to many times on this thread and and you stand alone with your opinion
Lucky for Janice Atkinson that Mrs Munday was Thai, then, eh? :roll:

I mean, it's not as if she could not possibly have been Chinese, or Vietnamese, or...or of British birth, for that matter :roll:

The extent of the bad faith to which some posters on here will go for condoning casual racism is stupefying.

[you stand alone with your opinion

Simply as a measure of support, you're wrong, he doesn't stand alone.

i dont think she had any idea where she was from, 'ting tong from somewhere'

---------- Post added 26-08-2014 at 15:13 ----------

Simply as a measure of support, you're wrong, he doesn't stand alone.

i cant believe that two people think that statement to be racist

Have we really become such a sanitised and touchy society that the PC brigade jump on anything said by anyone. ? pathetic. Total non story . If the Lefties have nothing better to do than get offended over this, then society really does have big problems.

When Nigel Farage went to apologise,did he become one of the PC Brigade,was he personally outraged about what was said,was he outraged on behalf of his 2 supporters,was he feigning outrage,was he being insincere with the apology,has he become a 'Leftie'?

---------- Post added 26-08-2014 at 14:18 ----------

Report into abuse in Rotherham now released and the press conferences ongoing.

Pretty clear that political correctness can, has and does go to far. This is the danger of accusing people of racism on the flimsiest of evidence and assuming that any white person criticising, accusing or insulting someone of a different race/culture is automatically racist.

It might well be correct that this was the case..........it might also be that the police and the social services involved are using this as a convenient cloak to hide behind for not doing their jobs correctly............it wouldn't be the first time that they have been found out as not carrying out their duties in an appropriate way,even in cases where race doesn't even enter into it.

Edited by chalga

i

i cant believe that two people think that statement to be racist

The extent of the bad faith to which some posters on here will go for condoning casual racism is stupefying.

Notice the wording "condoning casual racism is stupefying"? that's you that.

Notice the wording "condoning casual racism is stupefying"? that's you that.

Now come be sensible, you are only condoning casual racism if you think its racist which it clearly isn't.

Now come be sensible, you are only condoning casual racism if you think its racist which it clearly isn't.

True. "Casual racism" is just another new PC term which effectively means taking offence when none was intended.

I think we're wasting our time arguing with racist ronthenekred though so I'm bowing out of this thread.

True. "Casual racism" is just another new PC term which effectively means taking offence when none was intended.

I think we're wasting our time arguing with racist ronthenekred though so I'm bowing out of this thread.

yup i think i will do the same, going over the same ground over and over again.