Would you use language like this..

Guest sibon

... to describe another human being?

Link

The lovely Janice says that she regrets the choice of words. She doesn't say much about the sentiment though.

Would you ever use such derogatory language to describe another person?

Is Ting Tong the Thai Bride character from Little Britain?

Guest sibon
Wow, its the end of the world :rolleyes:

That happened last April.

Do keep up:rolleyes:

... to describe another human being?

Link

The lovely Janice says that she regrets the choice of words. She doesn't say much about the sentiment though.

Would you ever use such derogatory language to describe another person?

Only if I knew them and it was part of long running banter. I wouldn't describe them to someone else like that.

Is it news though?

Guest sibon
Only if I knew them and it was part of long running banter. I wouldn't describe them to someone else like that.

Is it news though?

The Torygraph thinks so.

What do you think?

It just goes to show how normal and accepted casual racism is. My Chinese friends regularly got called chink, even by University staff. I get called cheesehead by German friends (Kasekopf is a derogatory term for Dutch folks in Germany, as some of my dumb countrymen still call them Nazis I can put up with it).

It isn't the end of the world, but it is labelling and chink goes too far as does tingtong. It just demonstrates a complete lack of understanding by the person using the term.

It just goes to show how normal and accepted casual racism is. My Chinese friends regularly got called chink, even by University staff. I get called cheesehead by German friends (Kasekopf is a derogatory term for Dutch folks in Germany, as some of my dumb countrymen still call them Nazis I can put up with it).

It isn't the end of the world, but it is labelling and chink goes too far as does tingtong. It just demonstrates a complete lack of understanding by the person using the term.

I'm still trying to work out whether you are made up or you are Alan Whicker.

Is Ting Tong the Thai Bride character from Little Britain?

Yep. All it proves is that Janice watchs little Britain. I do too and its very funny.

Int it Mr Dudrey :D

The Torygraph thinks so.

What do you think?

Not very nice certainly, she's come out and made the right noises but realistically she'll be out of a job soon enough and she'll feel very embarrassed. Is it worse than some Tory councillor calling ed miliband a c***? I don't know. Some people are a little bit, casually, racist. I don't think she is racist in a tangible - ie say it to someone's face, stop them getting a job or post dog poo through their letterbox, but a bit racist just the same. That will never go away.

Wow, its the end of the world :rolleyes:

How about accepting that some stuff that seems normal is actually hurtful. Can you explain why it would be right to classify this lady as a tingtong when she presumably feels as British as you do? The only difference is (presumably, I don't know you) the colour of your skin.

The fact that you can't explains why my comment touches on casual racism, it is accepted and it is daft. fifty years ago women were at the forefront of this sort of casual abuse, the fact that you probably don't realise that says a lot.

Ive had chance to read the whole lot and ive got to say its very very hamsisted at best, insulting at worse. Silly women should know better.