Central heating, thinking of putting mine on

On 09/09/2019 at 17:58, davyboy said:

i thought you northerners were might hotter than this!!

They’re a nesh bunch. Until I was 14 I lived in a terraced house with just a coal fire in the living room and a shared toilet across the yard. Now I live in a well insulated bungalow and very rarely use the central heating. What a legacy- corn beef legs, strong bladder and low heating costs😀

Mine's been on a few times recently, it's on all the time on a stat set to 18

Anyone resisted putting the heating on yet?

3 minutes ago, Debs1 said:

Yep, and it won't be getting switched on any time during October. But maybe I'm lucky being on the middle floor of a block of three flats

4 hours ago, Debs1 said:

Yes,  and I'm not too cold yet,  can recommend leg warmers and an electric blanket to look forward to at bedtime late October,  atm I'm hoping for an Indian summer😄

1 hour ago, cressida said:

Yes,  and I'm not too cold yet,  can recommend leg warmers and an electric blanket to look forward to at bedtime late October,  atm I'm hoping for an Indian summer😄

😊😊😊

My thermostat is faulty, so my daughter has switched it on numerous times, but its difficult.

I havnt switched it on yet, but I will and I might even fix the thermostat. My daughter seems to want the windows open and the heating on.

Ours is on, I reckon that October will cost circa £50.00 more than September, not a bad cost for a 1450 square foot detached house, plus I’m currently bare footed wearing shorts and T shirt. We didn’t install central heating not to use it, I don’t see what’s so smart about being cold when you don’t have to be.

18 hours ago, Debs1 said:

Can’t remember last time my central heating was ever switched on.  

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

Ours is on, I reckon that October will cost circa £50.00 more than September, not a bad cost for a 1450 square foot detached house, plus I’m currently bare footed wearing shorts and T shirt. We didn’t install central heating not to use it, I don’t see what’s so smart about being cold when you don’t have to be.

I prefer fresh air, when I am older I may prefer a warm house.

6 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I prefer fresh air, when I am older I may prefer a warm house.

I’ve just returned from my morning 5 miles dog walk in the Peak Park, does that count as ‘fresh air’ for a  74 year old?

On 05/10/2021 at 15:04, Debs1 said:

Gave up last week, it is now keeping the house at a minimum of 17 degrees during the day. To be fair, it is a fair bit cooler here in Scotland than down in sunny Sheffield ;)