Central heating, thinking of putting mine on

Guest sibon

Brandy is the answer, not mince:)

---------- Post added 18-08-2014 at 23:33 ----------

(:)Actually, at the risk of sounding smug, I'm in SW France at the moment so no, the thought of putting my CH on has not even crossed my mind).

It is quite cool down there though, Alice. Compared to the usual weather.

I love SW France.:)

I camped out Fri/Sat nights, was too warm in just my shorts and T-shirt. In my sleeping bag, in my tent, that is. :hihi:

It's 23oC in my flat so no I'm not putting my central heating on. It's August FFS. Put a jumper on. Next you'll be wondering why your gas/elec bill is so high ;)

Yeah but it's crappy weather though and has been for a week or so now or how like to describe it "my holiday". Well annoyed.

Yeah but it's crappy weather though and has been for a week or so now or how like to describe it "my holiday". Well annoyed.

Then you need to move like I did and have sun all the time!

Hi Debs

Veggie here too AND I have put my heating on for a while.

Glad it's not just me.

---------- Post added 19-08-2014 at 01:44 ----------

Hi Plain Talker.

It's up to you really, isn't it? Who cares. If you can afford it, afford it!

(btw if you have a combi-boiler, no need to put the heating on for an hour, in the end it uses the same system as the hot water! Just saying ;) )

Just the thought of lining the gas companies pockets make me desist from putting on the heating.

Exactly. When I am in Yorkshire, we don't even have gas (middle of nowhere), just oil, which is even more expensive than gas. So we have two wood and coal burning stoves and I get a lot of free wood from various places, including skips. (For some reasons nobody seems to mind decorators hanging round skips so I don't get carted off as a little old crazy lady).

It's 23oC in my flat so no I'm not putting my central heating on. It's August FFS. Put a jumper on. Next you'll be wondering why your gas/elec bill is so high ;)

Temperature dropped to 14ºC in my sons room last night and we're already getting condensation forming in rivers on our bedroom walls overnight. We do though live in a 200 year old house with zero insulation and no ventilation. We don't usually have a problem with condensation (and subsequently mould, lots and lots of lovely mould everywhere) until well into Oct/Nov. To get it in August is a pain. Consequently our heating is now on a few hours a night.

jb

(btw if you have a combi-boiler, no need to put the heating on for an hour, in the end it uses the same system as the hot water! Just saying ;) )

If you want to heat the house you don't need to put the heating on with a combi boiler? Thats not my understanding!

It's up to you really, isn't it? Who cares. If you can afford it, afford it!

Eh?!!! Please explain? Why don't you need to put the heating on for an hour?

So what if it uses the same system. :confused:

:confused: combi boiler heating,I am :confused: too. Some ones having a :hihi: