Percy Pud 10k run

I was a bit disappointed to see that yesterday's race only received an SSS of 0.7 on Runbritain (the higher the score, the tougher the conditions). By contrast, the BUPA 10K in Sheffield was rated at 1.0 this year (perhaps due to the temperature?), and the Sheff HM was 1.4 (the notional lack of water?). The 2013 Percy Pud was -0.1, though, so a great day to run (hence a PB for me).

Waldo - I had the impression from your comments on the HM thread that you were some kind of elite runner! Glad to know that you are in the 45+ category!

Waldo - I had the impression from your comments on the HM thread that you were some kind of elite runner! Glad to know that you are in the 45+ category!

Congrats on the PB Pete!

Not sure how I gave the impression, but sadly no, I'm not an elite. Pretty keen though right now. Hope to do a sub 45 at Bolsover next Sunday...

Boss is pretty quick. HHowever, my PB came at Dewsbury last year.

Boss is pretty quick. HHowever, my PB came at Dewsbury last year.

Boss? You mean Bolsover? Also got my 10k PB at Dewsbury too.

If you want to get a lightening time do Salford 10k in September. It's around the docks and media city so flat as a pancake with really wide roads.

Not sure how I gave the impression, but sadly no, I'm not an elite. Pretty keen though right now. Hope to do a sub 45 at Bolsover next Sunday...

It was your comments on my 'ringer' in the Vale of York HM...I thought running under 1h42 was pretty good until then :)

Anyhow, good luck for Sunday - let us know how you get on.

Boss? You mean Bolsover? Also got my 10k PB at Dewsbury too.

Was meant to say `Bosa` so yes Bolsover. Last year I was on 21.00 at half way but the course was slower on the way back. Or was it me.....!?

It was your comments on my 'ringer' in the Vale of York HM...I thought running under 1h42 was pretty good until then :)

Sorry, nope, was pretty poor at Vale of York HM. Hot day, fizzled badly in second half, and finished in 1:52. Managed a 1:40 last year in Conwy HM (it's a little bit hilly) and just over 1:41 this year. Then again, I did Eyam HM this year in 2:23. So times are all over the place!

Anyhow, good luck for Sunday - let us know how you get on.

Will do. :)

---------- Post added 09-12-2014 at 19:04 ----------

Was meant to say `Bosa` so yes Bolsover. Last year I was on 21.00 at half way but the course was slower on the way back. Or was it me.....!?

Definitely not just you! :)

Got my 5k PB (from the start to half way) there last year, not sure it counts though, seemed to be down hill to half way.

Took me about 6 or 7 minutes longer coming back! Think I seriously over cooked the first half; but also, was windy and up and down (mostly up) a bit on the way back.

Edited by Waldo

Has Percy ever been cancelled?

Whats the policy on trading numbers?

Yes it was cancelled in 2010, I think, and rearranged for the following week with hugely depleted numbers.