Percy Pud 10k run

The route?

Is it Sheephill Road > Long Line > Cross lane > Causewayhead Rd.

or Sheephill Road > Hathersage Road > Brickhouse Lane > Causewayhead Rd.

Is this meant to be on the Sheffield HM thread? I think it's Sheephill Road > Hathersage Road > Cross Lane > Causewayhead Rd, then down Rushley Rd and Limb Lane on to Eccy Rd Sth.

Re: Route comments...............continued on the Sheff Half thread............oops, sorry.

Tough race this morning - heading out into that stiff breeze! I finished nearly 30s slower than last year but 5 places better, so a slower race for most people this year.

How did everyone else get on?

Thought you were pulling out / getting rid of your place Pete?

Anyhow, was a bit windy before the start, and felt cold too, until you got huddled with all the other runners at the start (penguin effect). Rain mostly held off, and there were even some patches of sun. Running in to the wind on the way out was a bit tough, think I over cooked it and did the first half too quick. Enjoyed it though; but about 2:25 slower than Leeds Abbey Dash. Ah well. :)

Big thank you to all the people that made this mornings run happen ! A lot of effort had clearly gone in and I for one appreciated it - I had a great run !

Thought you were pulling out / getting rid of your place Pete?

:)

My son was going to run it as well but then decided his Sunday lie-in was more important...the entry found a good home, though.

I like the image of a flock(?) of penguins all shuffling forward - it was like that at the start!

One minor niggle was the difficulty in finding the pacers at the start. Like you, I went off a bit too quickly and was then overtaken by the 45min pacer at around 7km. There was not enough left in the legs to keep up!

One minor niggle was the difficulty in finding the pacers at the start. Like you, I went off a bit too quickly and was then overtaken by the 45min pacer at around 7km. There was not enough left in the legs to keep up!

I think he overtook me around then too ... and slowly faded in to the distance, shattering all my hopes of a sub 45!

Probably would have done a quicker overall time, had I set of maybe 10 seconds a km slower. Really ground to a halt on that up hill bit on the way back, just after the dam. All good fun though. :)

I was a couple of mins off my PB but finished better than my Great Manchester Run time from this year. I didn't spot a pacer at all at any time but I think I must have started too far back. It was my first percy pud and I found the crowding for the first 5k was a bit annoying. My slowest segments were the first 2k and the 4-5 transition purely because of the lines of runners blocking the whole road. My own fault really. Still it was a pretty nice run and I'll probably do it again.

Got a PB but had it difficult and missed out on my main target. That wind was brutal, had very little to give in the second half of the race. Brilliantly organised again though, and a great atmosphere. I love the contraflow of runners, being cheered on by people from the club was a huge help.