Percy Pud 10k run

Yep, I managed to get a place (think I signed up on the day it opened). Haven't done it for about 3 years. My last memory of it, I think they delayed the start by 1/2 hour, due to puddles on the course!
I did the full course as part of my long Sunday run (out and back bits) and I think it'll be fast. The road surface is mostly excellent, and there is a slight decline over the second half of the race (and if there's any wind, that'll probably be behind you on the way back too). Not too many puddles either :)

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it Gypsy Hack. Mate of mine beat me by 50 seconds at Conwy HM on Sunday, so this will be a good revenge opportunity, fingers crossed!

I did the full course as part of my long Sunday run (out and back bits) and I think it'll be fast. The road surface is mostly excellent, and there is a slight decline over the second half of the race (and if there's any wind, that'll probably be behind you on the way back too). Not too many puddles either :)

Do you mean incline on the second half of the race? Its definitely up for the last km.

Yep, I managed to get a place (think I signed up on the day it opened). Haven't done it for about 3 years. My last memory of it, I think they delayed the start by 1/2 hour, due to puddles on the course!

I did it that year. Think it was 4 years ago and I nearly missed the start because the police and the organisers were saying different things.

Do you mean incline on the second half of the race? Its definitely up for the last km.
No, I don't. The last km has a bit of climb, but the bulk of the second half goes down from Low Bradfield to the edge of the resevoir. There's only 50ft or so of total elevation in it, but the start is definitely below Low Bradfield.

No, I don't. The last km has a bit of climb, but the bulk of the second half goes down from Low Bradfield to the edge of the resevoir. There's only 50ft or so of total elevation in it, but the start is definitely below Low Bradfield.

You're right the start is below low bradfield - always felt like it was the other way round!

Edited by TimmyR

I'd call it 'undulating' for the first quarter, to the dam wall. Next quarter is uphill to the half way point. Then back downhill to the dam. Then undulating to the finish, maybe last 400 meters is an uphill sprint finish, if you have any juice left in your legs!

---------- Post added 26-11-2014 at 19:23 ----------

I did it that year. Think it was 4 years ago and I nearly missed the start because the police and the organisers were saying different things.

I dunno. Too much water or not enough water, SYP just love trying to stop these things!

Edited by Waldo

I'm running it but I don't think it'll be a pb. Although they say it's flat I think it might be the steeper then the Salford 10k I did in Sept.

Any runners that can not take part are supposed to contact the organisers so there may be spare places available. Its worth contacting them I think.

Looks like I've got a place now. This'll be my 7th year in a row!

Sill looking for a place if anyone is pulling out please?????

The route?

Is it Sheephill Road > Long Line > Cross lane > Causewayhead Rd.

or Sheephill Road > Hathersage Road > Brickhouse Lane > Causewayhead Rd.