I tell you what winds me up, taxis with no passengers in them using the bus lanes

does it wind you up when your preordered taxi is late? i know it annoys most people.

Whose taxes pay for the roads then?

Everyones, including buses (at up to £500 a pop!)

Bus lanes are a fact of life. Looking at it objectively, shouldn't a vehicle carrying up to 70 passengers, with the associated environmental benefits, have priority over vehicles carrying mostly 1 person?

Bus lanes/car share lanes and the like are a great thing. But they need to be created as such - NOT created by 'snatching' an existing all-traffic lane as is so often the case. You can't get something for nothing, it simply doesn't work. They also need to be enforced properly, especially the peak-time only ones which are all too often blocked. I know the Police sometimes have a bus company/council-funded-overtime blitz, but it should be more routine.

Additionally it would be a good idea if more motorists opened their eyes and realised when they can/can't use them and didn't get all uppity when someone whistles past them whilst quite legitimately using the lane!

The 'powers that be' - whoever they may be! - ought to be able to shunt cars from bus lanes when they are not allowed to be parked in them, whether it's by bouncing them out or getting a tow truck to remove them. This behaviour causes serious delays. The lanes are there not to annoy anyone but to get the buses moving at the correct speed and to keep them to time.

Got to say though, some bus lanes are in silly places, such as on the approach to junctions where people may have to feed off sooner rather than later to avoid causing accidents! The one on Savile Street is an example; try to turn left into the Chamber of Commerce car park and you just have to feed in early to the bus lane.

It's not using them that causes problems, but people parking in them, and fines should be geared accordingly. £20 for using one, but £200 for parking in one.

does it wind you up when your preordered taxi is late? i know it annoys most people.

I dont use them mate, There's nowt I like better than being stuck in traffic while bringing my Mum home from Saint Lukes

I dont use them mate, There's nowt I like better than being stuck in traffic while bringing my Mum home from Saint Lukes

spud , you misunderstood me, i meant, an empty taxi going up the bus lane, is probably on his way to pick up a fare.. and if they couldnt use them whilst empty, it would mean more late taxis, and another thread about disgraceful taxi services...

but if they arent working, they arent allowed to use them..

ash