I caught the bus on Friday as I was going out drinking... I caught it across from Nonna's on Eccy Rd and got off in town... It took forever and a day because there were still parked cars despite it being past 4.30pm... Nightmare... I doubt it makes much difference really... Traffic is always going to be snarled up on that road because its such a major route... Restricting the main form of transport to just one lane isnt going to help the problem.

You must have been in a parallel universe caprice. I left work at 4.30, caught a bus and was in town in time to catch my other bus at 4.45. This was from Greystones Rd to Plug.

You must have been in a parallel universe caprice. I left work at 4.30, caught a bus and was in town in time to catch my other bus at 4.45. This was from Greystones Rd to Plug.

I got a Terrier 74... Took yonks :(

I got a Terrier 74... Took yonks :(

that explains it. Time stops and all that.

Whose taxes pay for the roads then?
Everybody who can afford it including me.Their shoud be as few cars as is possible in busy areas, one full Bus usually equals 78cars one train or tram =a lot more.

I think bus lanes can be made to work, but research shows that for this to happen 1 million needs to be spent on them every mile. Perhaps car drivers, if they are so annoyed about congestion, for example along Ecclesall rd should not blame the bus lanes, but look at how many people are in their car. The answer is 99% of the time 1.

Haza x

p.s fill ma bus lane questionnaire in so i can take yor opinions into account in my coursework! Cheers, haza

When public transport works it is brilliant when it doesnt it is hell.

On Friday I went from Woodseats to an industrial estate south of Gateshead in 3 hours 45 min door to door using bus ( to town) train (to Newcastle) Metro (There light rail system to gateshead ) Bus (to the trading estate ) I dont think thats bad. The thing that really surprised me was the snow - I didnt see any when I had left woodseats it was however, very cold.:| :| :| :|

I think BUs lanes are a good thing. Public transport shoudl have priority at peak times and i have no problem with them.

However there shoud be a case for a bus lane, the frequency of buses using the lanes should be 5 mins or lower. If there's a bus lane then i want to see buses using it rather than the odd bus using it.

However, i think most bus lanes do have a high frequency asnd they are generally introduced as part of a Quality Bus Quality (QBC's) where the operator has to guarantee a frequency and high bus spec (i.e low floors)

In my experience many drivers don't respect bus lanes or bas/tram gates (Hillsborough corner ring any bells???).

Everybody who can afford it including me.Their shoud be as few cars as is possible in busy areas, one full Bus usually equals 78cars one train or tram =a lot more.

One full bus = a bus that is late because we don't have any conductors:rant:

Hadn't driven to the bottom of Cemetery Road for ages but got snarled up and thought that I would give it a try in an attempt to get onto London Rd. Got stopped on Brown St (I think) and fined £30.00 for driving in a bus lane, I didn't notice anything to tell me until I got stopped.

Went down a few days ago and noticed nothing on Cemetery Rd to indicate that I was approaching a bus lane and then noticed a No Entry sign half way down Brown St, what is going on?

Totally agree with you. They cause more problems than they solve in terms of overall traffic flow, while offering a small benefit to the private, profit-making firms who run the buses.

Why so much public money is poured into helping First rip us all off is a mystery to me.

no other business gets this sort of benifit from the government, for example the steel or coal industries that im sure would benifit from thier own lane.

The truth of the matter is that bus lanes dont run everywhere and in the few places they are the help buses and annoy the rest of the country but 1/4 of a mile down the road were all queing on the same peice of tarmac, buses lorrys cars and bikes a like

the ZC

Does anyone share my view that bus lanes cause more traffic? I am sure they are there just to annoy drivers and try and force them to use public transport.

I tell you what winds me up, taxis with no passengers in them using the bus lanes