Anyone come from Lansdowne Rd area?

7 hours ago, sharrowyank said:

I remember Johnny Hammond  and the bakery . I lived at #88 . A few doors down was another friend , Johnny Mangles. and farther down on the other side of the street was Johnny Briggs .  We lived directly opposite  Fanny Robinson’s shop .

there was a shop on the same side as Hammonds bakery further down, called Millachips, you must have been just below that

We lived at 146 Lansdowne road,left in 1966 when a was 6. Went to Sharrow infant school. Beforere   moving to   Gleadless .

Anyone remember Albert and May Potts who had the Sheaf on Frazer Road Woodseats.

12 minutes ago, Yorkyhells said:

Anyone remember Albert and May Potts who had the Sheaf on Frazer Road Woodseats.

I wasn't aware Lansdowne road ran up to Woodseats

Does anyone have any info/memories/pictures of no.s 108 and 110 Lansdowne road? In the early 1900's no. 110 was a beerhouse run by my 2xgreat grandmother Sarah Padget. She died in 1914 and it was taken over by her son in law (my great grandfather) William Bullock. Also next door at 108 lived Sarah's son John Robert Hunt and his wife Aminda ( also known as Belinda or Linda) They where still living there in 1939 while the Bullocks had moved to Club Garden Road. If anyone knows anything we would be very greatful for more information. Thank you