Global Windows - Composite Doors

Hi all

Had a look through previous threads but they're all a bit old.

Was just wondering if anyone had bought a composite door from Global Windows?

What was the price like compared to other places and was the service good?

I noticed they had a buy now pay later offer on which is quite tempting.

Thanks

It's not normally a good idea to get these credit deals from the big companies. They inflate the prices to make up the difference.

Get a quote from a reputable local company first, like Sheffield window centre, then you're armed with a comparison should you get the hard sell from Global (I've no personal experience of global but other national window companies tactics are well documented).

Thanks biotechpete, that makes total sense!

I'll get a few quotes first and then see how their buy now pay later compares.

Global are extortionate price wise, give frank a call at just trade windows ltd on 0114 2349424.

Thanks mafya, I will do!

Hi all

Well I got a few more quotes and they vary by £300 which seems a lot on something of this value.

Anyone had a composite door fitted recently and can make a recommendation?

Thanks

Hi all

Well I got a few more quotes and they vary by £300 which seems a lot on something of this value.

Anyone had a composite door fitted recently and can make a recommendation?

Thanks

Hi Rock door are the best not cheap though I am fitting two next week one for myself and another customer, these doors in my opinion are the very best and most secure also they have draft seals everywhere so offer great insulation.

from my own personel experience I would not recommend global.

Hi Rock door are the best not cheap though I am fitting two next week one for myself and another customer, these doors in my opinion are the very best and most secure also they have draft seals everywhere so offer great insulation.

from my own personel experience I would not recommend global.

Hi Where have you sourced your rockdoor from and would you mind giving an idea of cost?

I tried to get a quote for one of these earlier in the year but when the salesman came out he just tried flogging me another make so was a total waste of time.

I've had two composite doors fitted in the last three months.

First one was from the external door company which although was OK I wouldn't use again. The address of the company keeps changing I've noticed, its gone from Penistone Rd, to Carver St to Limestone Cottage Lane.

For the second identical door which was a lot cheaper I used Carl Haddock Installations from Thornbridge Drive in Frecheville. Wish I'd known he did composites before I had the first one fitted, he also adjusted the first door for me which had started to catch a bit. I can recommend him, did a great job!

N

Get a quote from a reputable local company first, like Sheffield window centre, then you're armed with a comparison should you get the hard sell from Global (I've no personal experience of global but other national window companies tactics are well documented).

Global windows aren't a national company, they are a local, handsworth based company. I haven't used them personally but know of others that have and haven't had any problems, not necessarily the cheapest but you get what you pay for, the cheapest isn't always the best way to go

Global windows aren't a national company, they are a local, handsworth based company. I haven't used them personally but know of others that have and haven't had any problems, not necessarily the cheapest but you get what you pay for, the cheapest isn't always the best way to go

Yes Global are a local company and have just done me 2 propeties / windows / doors and soffits and facia ./ They took all old sofifts and facias off not planted new ones on top like some firms. Brilliant workmanship good price and you dont pay till job done and sign satisfaction note./ 10 years guarantee and a telephone call a few weeks later to see if everything okay / Highly recomended by me / Well don lads:hihi::hihi: