Carcraft for MOT

How long has your car been in this country? If it's over six months, I believe you need an MOT??

it hasnt and no way to check

Ah..forget it.

---------- Post added 15-08-2014 at 13:09 ----------

razvanalbu

This message is hidden because razvanalbu is on your ignore list.

Perfect. Problem solved.

Ah..forget it.

---------- Post added 15-08-2014 at 13:09 ----------

Perfect. Problem solved.

Yep,it's an easy solution... :D

So you are planning to break the law when it has been here over six months?

Anyway, what is your connection with Carcraft or are you just a troll?

Yep,it's an easy solution... :D

Until people start to quote all his posts :hihi::hihi:

There is that I suppose... :D

be honest .. is there anything of real value in them? I have yet to see a reasoned argument or contribution to a debate from him

Perhaps so - but as you rudely suggested i hadn't "been had".

I don't think it was rude. It appears that I was wrong, odd that you're the only person I've ever heard of that got a good deal out of CC and didn't apparently experience their modus operandi selling tactics. But hey ho, maybe they were hoping you'd spread the word that they're really honest and helpful...

---------- Post added 15-08-2014 at 13:32 ----------

it is written on every car if you can read

Is it.

Do you work there, or have you been in to check?

It certainly wasn't the one time I went in.

Perhaps someone with more recent experience can confirm.

I think it might have been 2008, maybe even longer ago than that. But what they had on the window was a monthly price, and nothing else.

no i havnt had mot there, i dont need it as my car has a forign plate. if they are as bad as what everyone says, carcraft would have been out of business years ago, how long have they been trading?

So you haven't had an MOT, yet you are very critical of other people commenting on it. How.... hypocritical of you.

Have you bought a car there? Ever been there at all?

I don't think it was rude. It appears that I was wrong, odd that you're the only person I've ever heard of that got a good deal out of CC and didn't apparently experience their modus operandi selling tactics. But hey ho, maybe they were hoping you'd spread the word that they're really honest and helpful...

---------- Post added 15-08-2014 at 13:32 ----------

Is it.

Do you work there, or have you been in to check?

It certainly wasn't the one time I went in.

Perhaps someone with more recent experience can confirm.

I think it might have been 2008, maybe even longer ago than that. But what they had on the window was a monthly price, and nothing else.

So you haven't had an MOT, yet you are very critical of other people commenting on it. How.... hypocritical of you.

Have you bought a car there? Ever been there at all?

It was rude you were implying that a)i wasn't capable of buying a car and b)Carcraft aren't honest.

I have no intention of spreading anything - the OP asked about MOT's in the thread titles not the selling practices,which is why I commented as i had an MOT there.

Anyone else?

Know a few that have had their cars done there and had no problems whatsoever. On here I think there is a huge element of bandwagon jumping where people lie through their teeth and say blah blah Pc World, blah blah Carcraft and they are talking rubbish just for the sake of it.

My experience in Carcraft was in the late 90s when they only had the branches in Leeds, Manchester and Rochdale. Their advert clearly stated a particular model on sale. At each branch I went to they said "sorry, we list group stock and its at our other branch. But let me show you a similar car" - which was more expensive.

What they didn't know is that I was on a work road trip and passed each branch. The other two branches said exactly the same thing. In the event there was no car for sale in any branch at the price they stated. Trading Standards agreed and took action against them.

And all three of them used the same sales patter regarding my part exchange - they had a sister who'd just got divorced and my little cabrio would be ideal for her, the salesman would give me a "really good price" so he could pass it on to her.

It was rude you were implying that a)i wasn't capable of buying a car and b)Carcraft aren't honest.

I have no intention of spreading anything - the OP asked about MOT's in the thread titles not the selling practices,which is why I commented as i had an MOT there.

Anyone else?

a) You are obviously capable, you bought one after all. I think you might have been offended that I was implying that it's possible for you to be had.

I still think that's possible. Hell, I think that it's possible I could be had. Anyone can, given a skilled conman, lack of attention of whatever. It wasn't rude though, it just happened to offend you as you don't think I'm right to say that you could be had.

b) It's definitely NOT rude to say that Carcraft are not honest. It's a matter of public record.

Their ethics and record with selling cars will IMO speak to their ethics and morality in issuing MOTs. You're welcome to disagree of course, but I'd be interested to see why you think that a business that is dishonest in it's sales techniques would be honest in what is in effect another area of sales.

is that why carcraft is still in business after all those years? when other smaller garage change owner to aviod lawsuits