Withdraw funding from Israel to end the violence..

It is an impossibility to stop funding for Israel. There are more Jews in New York alone than in Israel, the majority of whom have religious, ethnic and political affiliations and will always make huge donations.

Many of the worlds wealthiest individuals companies and financial institutions are owned and managed by Jews with major sympathies for Israel.

Secretly the Saudis will always back Israel as they see them as an ally of last resort if war breaks out with Iran.

This gesture whilst well meaning, is futile.

Because mistakes happen resulting in innocent people being killed during wars, they were killed in the Iraq war, the Afghan war and every war before them.

Because they were intentionally put in harms way by the terrorists.

Because some of them were terrorist fighters.

Because some of them were the children of terrorist leaders, and were killed when the terrorist's house was destroyed.

All the children killed are innocent. Whether children of terrorists or residents of Gaza.

---------- Post added 13-08-2014 at 15:40 ----------

It is an impossibility to stop funding for Israel. There are more Jews in New York alone than in Israel, the majority of whom have religious, ethnic and political affiliations and will always make huge donations.

Many of the worlds wealthiest individuals companies and financial institutions are owned and managed by Jews with major sympathies for Israel.

Secretly the Saudis will always back Israel as they see them as an ally of last resort if war breaks out with Iran.

This gesture whilst well meaning, is futile.

Many Jews in America oppose the force that Israel are using.

All the children killed are innocent. Whether children of terrorists or residents of Gaza.

A 12/13/14/15/16/17 year old firing at an Israeli soldier isn't an innocent child, they are enemy combatants.

---------- Post added 13-08-2014 at 15:41 ----------

And many don't.

A 12/13/14/15/16/17 year old firing at an Israeli soldier isn't an innocent child, they are enemy combatants.

A bunch of children playing football on a beach? Fired at by a rocket ship, with some of the most sophisticated military equipment in the middle east?

Innocent children are being killed.

And many don't.

But many do.

A bunch of children playing football on a beach? Fired at by a rocket ship, with some of the most sophisticated military equipment in the middle east?

Innocent children are being killed.

I already agreed with you that many innocent people will be killed during times of war and gave you reasons for their deaths.

---------- Post added 13-08-2014 at 15:40 ----------

That is true, its about 20% leaving 80%who do.

I actually believe the Jews/Israelis are in a very difficult situation. Hamas will never stop bombing them. Years ago the Israeli government were a left leaning responsible peace seeking organization. They reflected the Israeli people wish for peace.

In Hamas and increasingly through the increased militancy of the Muslim world they are forced to become increasingly reactionary and right wing.

There seems to be no end to this hatred and carnage.

That is true, its about 20% leaving 80%who do.

I actually believe the Jews/Israelis are in a very difficult situation. Hamas will never stop bombing them. Years ago the Israeli government were a left leaning responsible peace seeking organization. They reflected the Israeli people wish for peace.

In Hamas and increasingly through the increased militancy of the Muslim world they are forced to become increasingly reactionary and right wing.

There seems to be no end to this hatred and carnage.

Actually these threads are quite funny. Nothing gets Israel more funding from its supporters in the USA than a bunch of hypocrites campaigning against them. Its pretty much like the funds that poured into Noraid whenever anyone suggested trying to turn off that funding to the IRA.

Actually these threads are quite funny. Nothing gets Israel more funding from its supporters in the USA than a bunch of hypocrites campaigning against them. Its pretty much like the funds that poured into Noraid whenever anyone suggested trying to turn off that funding to the IRA.

Hypocrites?

I don't think the people campaigning are hypocrites, I am sure they are appalled by the situation in Gaza and are trying to do something about it.

I only wish I could think of something that would work.

My point is that, in my opinion, trying to cut funds off from Israel is like walking on the Sun, it cant be done.

I don't think the people campaigning are hypocrites, I am sure they are appalled by the situation in Gaza and are trying to do something about it.

I only wish I could think of something that would work.

My point is that, in my opinion, trying to cut funds off from Israel is like walking on the Sun, it cant be done.

And my opinion is that Israel is being attacked by an Islamic terrorist group as are many countries in the region. The difference being that Israel is able to fight back, but being Israel is coming under attack because of that.

I don't see anyone slating Egypt or Iraq for their wars against Islamic extremism. Just ask yourself if the world would be better off if Hamas succeeded in wiping Israel from the map and proceeded with its plans to make the middle east an Islam only zone.

And my opinion is that Israel is being attacked by an Islamic terrorist group as are many countries in the region. The difference being that Israel is able to fight back, but being Israel is coming under attack because of that.

I don't see anyone slating Egypt or Iraq for their wars against Islamic extremism. Just ask yourself if the world would be better off if Hamas succeeded in wiping Israel from the map and proceeded with its plans to make the middle east an Islam only zone.

Just because I don't agree with the force and tactics that Israel are using, doesn't mean that I support Hamas. I also think that they are terrorists. There's the small matter of the residents of Gaza that are being killed in the process. Many of them children. Israel have some of the most sophisticated weaponry in the middle east. The amount of civilian casualties should be much lower than it is.

Just because I don't agree with the force and tactics that Israel are using, doesn't mean that I support Hamas. I also think that they are terrorists. There's the small matter of the residents of Gaza that are being killed in the process. Many of them children. Israel have some of the most sophisticated weaponry in the middle east. The amount of civilian casualties should be much lower than it is.

Terrorist killed and terrorise innocent civilians as can been all over the Islamic world.

Attempts to stop or eliminate the terrorists will also result in the deaths of innocent civilians.

So what to do, let them getting on with killing innocent civilian or try to stop them and risk killing innocent people?

There is no middle ground.

---------- Post added 13-08-2014 at 18:21 ----------

The amount of civilian casualties should be much lower than it is.

No it shouldn't, it is very low and much lower than daily civilians deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan.