Streetforce / Grass Banks + Verges

I used to mow my grass verge on a regular basis before cars etc started parking and driving over it. If I place large rocks etc on the grass verge and someone has an accidnet then I am liable. We have requested wooden posts or double height kerb stones but once our request is with the Council and two years or so more the story is same , no money. Black and white bollards are on a central area to stop cars parking opposite drive as our road is narrow. But no one takes any notice and according to the council it is just to stop people parking on to that side of the pavement. However, it is not policed by anyone. So that was a waste of tax monies.

parks and gardens do a fantastic job on a piece of grass in the springs and they never leave a mess well done boys

How about if I come and put stones in front of your house, and you do the same for me - random acts and no-one knows who is responsible?

;-)

parks and gardens do a fantastic job on a piece of grass in the springs and they never leave a mess well done boys

Yep agreed.... and the old sheffield homes lads that do shrub beds and privits around housing flats etc ...still based at you local housing office but now council employees.

Edited by RELIABLE

I used to mow my grass verge on a regular basis before cars etc started parking and driving over it. If I place large rocks etc on the grass verge and someone has an accidnet then I am liable. We have requested wooden posts or double height kerb stones but once our request is with the Council and two years or so more the story is same , no money. Black and white bollards are on a central area to stop cars parking opposite drive as our road is narrow. But no one takes any notice and according to the council it is just to stop people parking on to that side of the pavement. However, it is not policed by anyone. So that was a waste of tax monies.

Stick some tacks on the verge in the dead of night when you won't be seen.

People will get fed of buying new tyres. . . . .

Paint some large rocks white and, in the dead of night, place them on the verge curbside.

jb

Like the idea.

---------- Post added 15-08-2014 at 20:52 ----------

Stick some tacks on the verge in the dead of night when you won't be seen.

People will get fed of buying new tyres. . . . .

We have considered that, but our neighbours are so so nosey they would probably report us

---------- Post added 15-08-2014 at 20:54 ----------

Are you familiar with the top of Stephen Hill, at Crosspool? For about 100 yds, there are wooden posts set into the grass verge to stop vehicles churning it up / parking on it. It has a similar effect to where people sometimes put large stones on their verges - but that is not allowed. Presumably the ones on Stephen Hill are allowed. I don't know who paid for these, but it may be worth asking if it is something the council are prepared to do on behalf of residents.

Sorry, don't know Stephen Hill. Our problem is that we seem to be only property with the problem. So, unfortunately we are on our own