Issue with new neighbour.

No we're renting from the 1 landlord.

Tbh I posted up because we're at the stage of needing to take it further but I wasn't sure who to go to, the landlord because of the lease breach or the council for the permit fee avoidance.

The permit itself isn't much, works out at less than 50p a week.

Why not get him a permit (and pay for it if there's a charge) that way everyone's a winner.

Guest sibon

Or borrow a couple of really old cars for a day or two, and box him in.

Get the LL to sort it. If you go complaining to the Council i.e a third party then you are letting yourself in for a whole lot of bother. The neighbour will see it as petty, vindictive and war. You have been warned.

if she is registered as disabled check with social services about getting wheelchair access back & front here in Redditch they have altered our access back & front for wheelchair access & provided a designated disabled parking bay

The designated disabled parking bays that are in residential areas are usually un enforceable and rely on public courtesy that the op's neighbour seems to lack and this would still not alleviate the original problem.

Why not get him a permit (and pay for it if there's a charge) that way everyone's a winner.

What a great idea! Should take all the heat out of the situation although he's not forced to accept.

Why should we pay "an extra premium" to be able to access a property we already pay for? I know its not much but we already pay for the access in our rent.

Emailed LL with time/date/GPS stamped images this morning. We'll see what happens.

Why should we pay "an extra premium" to be able to access a property we already pay for? I know its not much but we already pay for the access in our rent.

Emailed LL with time/date/GPS stamped images this morning. We'll see what happens.

If you want the situation sorted out to everyone's satisfaction, then why not.

That's tantamount to me sending my kids to play football in your back garden. If you want your (rightful) peace you can of course buy them Alton Towers day passes to remedy the situation.

The OP shouldn't have to pay extra to an awkward sod for what he already has a right to. Plus, what next? Neighbour wants something else, so he plays bear and leans on the OP, hoping he'll cave in ..

But it's not to everyone's satisfaction is it as we'll be out of pocket. Since we already have one permit for our own vehicle a second one apparently is twice the price.

He only ever parks his car in the designated bays on a Sunday, when enforcement of the parking isn't valid (It's Mon-Sat 7am-8pm) so it's clear that he's doing it to avoid paying like everyone else.

Someone did mention earlier about who owned the land etc and I was on my phone at the time so I missed out some of what I wanted to post.

As stated the houses are all owned by one LL. However it wouldn't matter if he owned his home as he's in a middle terrace property, he's still driving/trespassing on other people's property in order to get his car to his back door.

before it all gets very legal and based on the legal opinions of people who have no idea what they're talking about - my advice is to read Halibut's wise words, ignore all the other posts and have a word with your neighbour. Hope all's well.

before it all gets very legal and based on the legal opinions of people who have no idea what they're talking about - my advice is to read Halibut's wise words, ignore all the other posts and have a word with your neighbour. Hope all's well.

We already have had a word, it lasted 2 days. Spoke with others in the block and they've all spoken with him too regarding the issue.

It's now in the hands of the LL. I've suggested, in my email, the option of installing bollards on the end property (entrance to the alley).