Jump to content

Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (part3)

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, S4 8GG said:

Im wracking my brain to remember you jane ,can you helpme out.sorry.

Do you reme ber my sister catherine 

Sorry. no I don't .  I remember as a child going to my Aunty Pat  and Uncle Rolands.   You won't have any reason to remember me.

 

My Dad Mick Dudley lived, I think next door to them.  My Nannan and Grandad May and Bill Dudley also lived there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your reply jane if my memory serves me did they live in the yard opposite the who can tell,and you are older than them

.in the same yard as an old lady that lived in the corner house.i think she was called mrs green.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jane2008 said:

Angie and Stuart Butler?  Their Mum Pat (nee Dudley) and step dad Roland Wilson?

Hi there,yes they shared the same yard as us along with the Renwicks and sutcliffes back in the sixties.i'm sure Stuart was best mates with Kevin Renwick,they were the same age.Angela and my sister were inseparable back then.I remember your dad Mick,think he lived in the yard below us .

Edited by bothamlad
ADDING

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, S4 8GG said:

Forgot to say kaye lived over the back from my mum ,my mum lived on gregg house cres and kaye lived on sicey av which backed on to it .

Were angie and stuart blonde haired kids.?

Thats right ,we lived at 275 sicey avenue.We had elderly neighbours either side of us,they were so friendly and helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Botham lad , forgot that we lived so close together on Sicey Ave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Angela Butler had long blonde hair same classes as me for several years Butlers were a massive family scattered all over Grimesthorpe did loads for charity organised street parties very nice family Francis died a few years ago at his home in Chapeltown.. Councilor and writer of a column in a paper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Angela Butler had long blonde hair same classes as me for several years Butlers were a massive family scattered all over Grimesthorpe did loads for charity organised street parties very nice family Francis died a few years ago at his home in Chapeltown.. Councilor and writer of a column in a paper. All the Butlers were pigeon fanciers well known by many people 👍

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, S4 8GG said:

Thanks for your reply jane if my memory serves me did they live in the yard opposite the who can tell,and you are older than them

.in the same yard as an old lady that lived in the corner house.i think she was called mrs green.

Hi s4 8gg.  I'm actually younger than Angie and Stuart, my sister was a year older than Stuart.

9 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Angela Butler had long blonde hair same classes as me for several years Butlers were a massive family scattered all over Grimesthorpe did loads for charity organised street parties very nice family Francis died a few years ago at his home in Chapeltown.. Councilor and writer of a column in a paper. 

I never knew that the Butler's I am referring to were related to the Councillor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jane2008 said:

Hi s4 8gg.  I'm actually younger than Angie and Stuart, my sister was a year older than Stuart.

I never knew that the Butler's I am referring to were related to the Councillor.

Yes Francis Butler was a political character and usually got his own way definitely the same family 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Yes Francis Butler was a political character and usually got his own way definitely the same family 

Thanks for that I really had no idea.  Angie got married today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Yes Francis Butler was a political character and usually got his own way definitely the same family 

All those years living in the same yard as the butler family,Francis Butler's name was never mentioned.I went to the boys club,in the small chapel on grimesthorpe road for a couple of years they had a football team,remember we played in all white kit, which Francis Butler ran,i have to say i didnt like him much.

Edited by bothamlad
change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bothamlad said:

All those years living in the same yard as the butler family,Francis Butler's name was never mentioned.I went to the boys club,in the small chapel on grimesthorpe road for a couple of years they had a football team,remember we played in all white kit, which Francis Butler ran,i have to say i didnt like him much.

LOL yes he was a scary looking chap 😂😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.