Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (part3)

Hi all , Botham lad you know i know all the names on that list ,hope you are well pal. Saw the name Farnell on the previous posting , i used to live next to them on Cyclops st . I think it was Barbara and Bob , i remember their kids being born a boy and a girl , i think the girl was called Tracy not sure about the lad. Then we all ended up in bloody shiregreen and that ended a good community , never been the same after.

Still think of those cricket matches in your yard , 6 and out or 1 hand catch off the wall HAHA.

jIM.

Edited by jad279

Hi jim,hope your ok matey,glad we had our old dog Mick,to chase round and fetch the ball when it went over into the brickyard !! he did lose the scent a few times and come back with half a house brick !!

Ay up Botham lad , yes i remember your old dog , he saved us some leg work . Do you remember playing football on Graves car park and the enormous drop if you kicked the ball over . I think we used to station some small boys down there to fetch the ball back , with a promise to let them play later. 😁

yep i do remember those footy games ,that goal with the metal frame for netting  and steel sheet roller for a crossbar was marvelous,it made it worthwhile being in the net for a while.Those poor little buggers never got a game though did they,im sure we carried on playing when it got dark because of the street lights !!

Just now, bothamlad said:

yep i do remember those footy games ,that goal with the metal frame for netting  and steel sheet roller for a crossbar was marvelous,it made it worthwhile being in the net for a while.Those poor little buggers never got a game though did they,im sure we carried on playing when it got dark because of the street lights !!

Sent you a p.m. by the way jim.👍

Does anyone know the Baker family that lived on cyclops st on the right and side in the 60sand 70s 

8 hours ago, bothamlad said:

Hi ,i thought i would chip in,Michelle Seal was my sisters best friend,who was then called Kay Wild.We lived at no.3 Botham Street,the house that stood on its own.We moved to Shiregreen in january 73.It was strange for me because the week before we moved i went to see the new house with my dad on a saturday morning to take a few measurements,carpets and curtains etc,but there was the worst fog you can imagine,a reyt pea souper !! so couldnt really see the area much,then the following day i broke my femur playing football.Was in the old Royal hospital for 3 months in traction so didnt get to see the house until the middle of April.I do remember you from those grimesthorpe days Tony.Renwicks,Butlers ,Mcdonalds were on Carlisle road but shared the same yard as us.Barry Renwick was my best mate,you might remember his younger brother Kevin.Teales,Wilsons GoodladsHudsons Johnsons Daleys and more Wilds spring to mind.

Saw Michelle last week in goldthorpe we got on great after all those years still see kay now an then when I pop to Asda we still get on great as well. Happy memories the farnells were Tracey and Peter aka bullet head at school this thread has so brought back many memories keep em. Comming love you all... Gaz 

10 hours ago, bothamlad said:

Hi ,i thought i would chip in,Michelle Seal was my sisters best friend,who was then called Kay Wild.We lived at no.3 Botham Street,the house that stood on its own.We moved to Shiregreen in january 73.It was strange for me because the week before we moved i went to see the new house with my dad on a saturday morning to take a few measurements,carpets and curtains etc,but there was the worst fog you can imagine,a reyt pea souper !! so couldnt really see the area much,then the following day i broke my femur playing football.Was in the old Royal hospital for 3 months in traction so didnt get to see the house until the middle of April.I do remember you from those grimesthorpe days Tony.Renwicks, Butlers ,Mcdonalds were on Carlisle road but shared the same yard as us.Barry Renwick was my best mate,you might remember his younger brother Kevin.Teales,Wilsons GoodladsHudsons Johnsons Daleys and more Wilds spring to mind.

Angie and Stuart Butler?  Their Mum Pat (nee Dudley) and step dad Roland Wilson?

Wow, yes i do remember kev renwick,tiny little lad with round glasses ,just like me , we went on a mission one day to the quarry opposite shiregreen cemetry now jacobs drive and the quarry was full of water, kev fell in ,the sides were very slippy ,we had a right job getting him out,it terrified us,we were so lucky,ill never forget how scared we all were.

The wilsons moved to shiregreen,michell,delise,wayne and malcom, wayne was my best mate back then,malc and my little brother went missing one day ,they had been gone all day ,they had ended up over burngreave and the nuns found them and bathed them ,our terry was only 3. Its amasing what memories come flooding back,so thanks for them memories,they're priceless..

Forgot to say kaye lived over the back from my mum ,my mum lived on gregg house cres and kaye lived on sicey av which backed on to it .

Were angie and stuart blonde haired kids.?

12 minutes ago, S4 8GG said:

Forgot to say kaye lived over the back from my mum ,my mum lived on gregg house cres and kaye lived on sicey av which backed on to it .

Were angie and stuart blonde haired kids.?

Yes they were and still are,  They are my cousins.

Im wracking my brain to remember you jane ,can you helpme out.sorry.

Do you reme ber my sister catherine