Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (part3)

1 hour ago, gaz 786 said:

Nice to see this thread again. Bumped into an old school mate yesterday Michelle seal her dad Frank had the tropical fish shop on Upwell Street now long gone 

Frank was a top bloke,got our first tank from him,Michelle was my sisters best friend for a long time,they were at school together.

2 hours ago, bothamlad said:

Frank was a top bloke,got our first tank from him,Michelle was my sisters best friend for a long time,they were at school together.

Take it your off Botham St mate my mate Tony Pinder lived in there remember loads from Hunsley St though cornthwaite Cross Bailey old field nice reminiscing happy memories... 

23 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Take it your off Botham St mate my mate Tony Pinder lived in there remember loads from Hunsley St though cornthwaite Cross Bailey old field nice reminiscing happy memories... 

i remember tony pinder couple of years younger than me.did you know  a paul cross ?

3 hours ago, bothamlad said:

i remember tony pinder couple of years younger than me.did you know  a paul cross ?

Yeah and Gary... Lived on Hunsley St across from Baileys remember it like yesterday.... 

14 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Yeah and Gary... Lived on Hunsley St across from Baileys remember it like yesterday.... 

Small world int it. I used to open the batting with crossy for shiregreen c.c back in the eighties . i didnt know him from grimesthorpe though .We were chatting one time and i mentioned that my sister decided to keep gerbils as pets .They used to breed all the time and used to drive me crazy !! He started to howl with laughter.he was the one who sold her first pair to. Good lad was Paul,always had plenty of time for him.Very good cricketer.

Brilliant - thanks 

On 11/08/2014 at 10:30, PeterR said:

Sorry to hear about Terry. I used to live in the next yard from 1943 to 1957. My thoughts are with his family.

Peter.

---------- Post added 11-08-2014 at 10:40 ----------

Hell Long Ago,

I enjoyed your post at the end of ''Part 2''. It was like a breath of fresh air from the top of Wincobank Hill :) Looking forward to more.

Regards, Peter.

---------- Post added 11-08-2014 at 15:43 ----------

Here is a photo which I snapped in 1990 of the Alexandra Hotel which was at the junction of Carlisle Street East and Scott Street, sadly minus any Firth Brown buildings or terraced housing. The junction with Carlisle Road (known as Crown Hill at this point) is behind me to the right and the junction with Newman Road is behind me to the left.

A photo taken on 12th July 1965 can be seen on http://www.picturesheffield.co.uk.

Type s14112 in Search.

PetersPhonedownload10Aug2014036_zpse57dc83d.jpgthis should help you out c_elle hello all all Grimesthorpians where ever you all are 😁😁😁😁

Edited by gaz 786
Xxx

On 21/01/2015 at 16:57, leah1992 said:

My boyfriends nan lived in Grimesthorpe..Lily Dwyer??

hi i knew lily and gorden dwyer they lived on upwell st in the terrace houses opposite upwell lane gordon worked in the garage opposite my parents was nieghbours also lilly and gorden was my god parents i lost contact with them when they moved to hackenthorpe i believe they had two sons i rember going to visit them at hackenthorpe and gorden gave me a model boat i remember he msde them as a hobby

42 minutes ago, yatesace said:

hi i knew lily and gorden dwyer they lived on upwell st in the terrace houses opposite upwell lane gordon worked in the garage opposite my parents was nieghbours also lilly and gorden was my god parents i lost contact with them when they moved to hackenthorpe i believe they had two sons i rember going to visit them at hackenthorpe and gorden gave me a model boat i remember he msde them as a hobby

Bet you sailed it at Firth Park boating lake... Now cast into history books 

On 25/09/2019 at 14:03, gaz 786 said:

*Newhall Road.