Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (part3)

Looks like a small pony, glad I didn't bump into that on the way home from the Grimey club. Dor's remembers the dog, but doesn't remember who owned it.

Edited by skippy

All old Sheffield Arms regulars will be sorry to hear the couple that took over the pub after Roy and Ada left, namely Gerry and Pat, Pat died over the Christmas period and will sadly be missed by all.

All old Sheffield Arms regulars will be sorry to hear the couple that took over the pub after Roy and Ada left, namely Gerry and Pat, Pat died over the Christmas period and will sadly be missed by all.

Thats sad I knew Gerry and pat from the golden ball on cliffe smashing couple loverly family deepest sympathies to all .

Thats sad I knew Gerry and pat from the golden ball on cliffe smashing couple loverly family deepest sympathies to all .

Yes, I agree with your sentiments, I remember them from The Britannia, Worksop Road.

Yes, I agree with your sentiments, I remember them from The Britannia, Worksop Road.

Hi Geo trust familys well ? Last saw Gerry and pat in a pub down near sheaf. Markets cant recall name though they made me very welcome and Gerry said i got my licence back after he barred me for fighting a good honest bloke another couple I was fond of were sid and Mary grant from rising sun another diamond couple

Hi Geo trust familys well ? Last saw Gerry and pat in a pub down near sheaf. Markets cant recall name though they made me very welcome and Gerry said i got my licence back after he barred me for fighting a good honest bloke another couple I was fond of were sid and Mary grant from rising sun another diamond couple

I think when they left The 'Arms, they went to the pub, bottom of Dixon Lane, Norfolk Arms?

Hi to everyone!

My name is Harry Standage and i lived on Cyclops Street from birth i.e 1933 to the early 1950s.

Have only just got going on the internet and have read with great enthusiasm and affection some of the posts on this thread!

I recognise many of the names, pubs and landmarks mentioned on here and its been wonderful to hear people's stories and memories! I have many of my own, still incredibly vivid after all this time.

I would be very keen to hear from anybody who remembers me, including any ex Grimesthorpe heroes or Owler Lane Secondary pupils, including Peter Dunn, who i lost touch with a long time ago.

Hi to everyone!

My name is Harry Standage and i lived on Cyclops Street from birth i.e 1933 to the early 1950s.

Have only just got going on the internet and have read with great enthusiasm and affection some of the posts on this thread!

I recognise many of the names, pubs and landmarks mentioned on here and its been wonderful to hear people's stories and memories! I have many of my own, still incredibly vivid after all this time.

I would be very keen to hear from anybody who remembers me, including any ex Grimesthorpe heroes or Owler Lane Secondary pupils, including Peter Dunn, who i lost touch with a long time ago.

Hello.Harry welcome to the thread cant remember your name but I am only young 57 lol bet a fewcan though onlyn ones i can remember are the wards and Farnells

Hi to everyone!

Hi Harry and welcome from me too. I'm looking forward to your stories.

I was only a comparatively short time at Grimesthorpe although they were my formative years and seemed forever. I lived at the lower end on Adsetts Street from birth in 1943 and left for Shiregreen in 1957 aged 14.

I note that you mention the schools. There are several threads and here's a sample post of mine from the thread ''Earl Marshall Secondary...as it was known before''. The pics are on photobucket and now have lots of adverts on. I'm now using Google for future posts instead.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=10758886&postcount=78

Regards, Peter.

Edited by PeterR

Had a walk round old Grimey petre st over margate saw new mosque now up and running then had a look at my old school Earl marshal aka Fir vale damaged by idiots in a car ramming doors sad to say its not a patch on how it was these days I felt very uncomfortable walking down owler lane towards upwell st where I parked the car glad to get out of the area !

I love this Yorkshire grace - many thanks to Elaine Pickard of Sheffield Indexers.

Thank you God and make us able

To eight as much as what’s on’t table

Then God if thy bounty beckons

We’ll leave room enough for ‘seconds’,

and after the meal.

Thank you God for what we’ve getten

If moor ‘ad been cut moor ‘ad been etten

Hi to everyone!

hi harry my wife was Marie Dunn,Peter is my brother-in-law,also Paul and David.there sister Sue lives near me,and.Pat lives out Worksop way.Peter lives off herringthorpe valley road rotherham,not seen him for a while but we have just exchanged christmas cards.Paul lives about 5min. walk from him.David lives close by in Whiston.hope that helps you.