Grimesthorpe Part 3

Hi ray are you’re roger and Kevin still roofing 

1 hour ago, Bowls said:

Hi ray are you’re roger and Kevin still roofing 

Hi Bowls,yes both still roofing,how do you know them two.

You’re Mick told me they were roofers had a yard in Chapeltown

2 hours ago, Bowls said:

You’re Mick told me they were roofers had a yard in Chapeltown

Ok right,what's your name,?

On 04/01/2020 at 19:25, shooter said:

I remember them very well, we lived in the first Prefab just round the corner, the man who kept chickens was David? Prosser and his coup was just beyond the bottom of our garden, further down the first houses on the same side was my pal Steve Gawthorpe ? whose mum worked at Sutherland Rd Baths,  my other pal Steve Taffenders mum also worked at the baths. Happy days but sooo long ago.  Grimey youth club, Francis Butler, Gongie, Snakey, Valerie Howson, Vicky Walshaw, What was her boyfriend "Spud's" proper name, Sheila Hepplestone,  Alan Ainsworth, Terry from Popple St (What was his surname) Susan Brooks, Sid Duty ( his big brother was tragically killed), John Heritage, Theresa across our road, Steve Drabble and his big brother Dave, William Thomas the mad Welshman and his donkey. What was the name of the corner shop on Cyclops St... Swindells ? Endsors was the Grocers on the corner of Cyclops St and Grimesthorpe Rd and Gledhills shop was further up Grimey Rd opposite side to steps in the wall and mid way between Endors and Margate Drive. There was a Dairy just round the corner from Grimey Methodist Chapel that we used to go to from the Youth club and buy frozen Jubblies was it "Friths.... Forths ?".

I've not been on here for years, some of the old posters must have moved on to the "Grimey in the Sky" like my baby brother Philip

Anyone help me with the missing names above

When I was SS Queen, my attendant was a young boy called Philip, who lived somewhere near where you said you lived....I wonder if that was your brother? He carried the cushion with my "crown" on.   He did live on the prefabs, near the bottom.

Hello love the lady that had the top shop on cyclops st was mrs thaines did you know Jimmy Baines he lived at the first prefab on the right hand side going up Margate drive he was related to Terry Marppeld of cyclops ST 

another post from the mysterious Bowls , he knows averyone but wont say who he is. 🤐

7 hours ago, jad279 said:

another post from the mysterious Bowls , he knows averyone but wont say who he is. 🤐

That's his prerogative in this format and why you call yourself jad279

What is wrong with giving someone your name when asked,when you in turn are asking about a guys immediate family ! Bowls has obviously ignored this request and moved on to another contributor.As for jad279,he has freely stated many times that he is called Jim,a user name has nothing to do with it !!  regards Botham lad thats because i used to live on Botham street and i was a lad at the time. Cheers.

Nobody is obliged to reveal their real name, thats why we have usernames.

Back on topic now please.

I'm back can anyone remember the Snell family that had the top shop on Cyclops Street  before the Sharps had it they had a son called David  the next time I saw them was on Blackburn Road in Rotherham when I was working at union carbide in the 70s Bowls