Grimesthorpe Part 3

10 hours ago, bothamlad said:

Hi ,i thought i would chip in,Michelle Seal was my sisters best friend,who was then called Kay Wild.We lived at no.3 Botham Street,the house that stood on its own.We moved to Shiregreen in january 73.It was strange for me because the week before we moved i went to see the new house with my dad on a saturday morning to take a few measurements,carpets and curtains etc,but there was the worst fog you can imagine,a reyt pea souper !! so couldnt really see the area much,then the following day i broke my femur playing football.Was in the old Royal hospital for 3 months in traction so didnt get to see the house until the middle of April.I do remember you from those grimesthorpe days Tony.Renwicks, Butlers ,Mcdonalds were on Carlisle road but shared the same yard as us.Barry Renwick was my best mate,you might remember his younger brother Kevin.Teales,Wilsons GoodladsHudsons Johnsons Daleys and more Wilds spring to mind.

Angie and Stuart Butler?  Their Mum Pat (nee Dudley) and step dad Roland Wilson?

Wow, yes i do remember kev renwick,tiny little lad with round glasses ,just like me , we went on a mission one day to the quarry opposite shiregreen cemetry now jacobs drive and the quarry was full of water, kev fell in ,the sides were very slippy ,we had a right job getting him out,it terrified us,we were so lucky,ill never forget how scared we all were.

The wilsons moved to shiregreen,michell,delise,wayne and malcom, wayne was my best mate back then,malc and my little brother went missing one day ,they had been gone all day ,they had ended up over burngreave and the nuns found them and bathed them ,our terry was only 3. Its amasing what memories come flooding back,so thanks for them memories,they're priceless..

Forgot to say kaye lived over the back from my mum ,my mum lived on gregg house cres and kaye lived on sicey av which backed on to it .

Were angie and stuart blonde haired kids.?

12 minutes ago, S4 8GG said:

Forgot to say kaye lived over the back from my mum ,my mum lived on gregg house cres and kaye lived on sicey av which backed on to it .

Yes they were and still are,  They are my cousins.

Im wracking my brain to remember you jane ,can you helpme out.sorry.

Do you reme ber my sister catherine 

7 minutes ago, S4 8GG said:

Im wracking my brain to remember you jane ,can you helpme out.sorry.

Do you reme ber my sister catherine 

Sorry. no I don't .  I remember as a child going to my Aunty Pat  and Uncle Rolands.   You won't have any reason to remember me.

My Dad Mick Dudley lived, I think next door to them.  My Nannan and Grandad May and Bill Dudley also lived there.

Thanks for your reply jane if my memory serves me did they live in the yard opposite the who can tell,and you are older than them

.in the same yard as an old lady that lived in the corner house.i think she was called mrs green.

9 hours ago, jane2008 said:

Angie and Stuart Butler?  Their Mum Pat (nee Dudley) and step dad Roland Wilson?

Hi there,yes they shared the same yard as us along with the Renwicks and sutcliffes back in the sixties.i'm sure Stuart was best mates with Kevin Renwick,they were the same age.Angela and my sister were inseparable back then.I remember your dad Mick,think he lived in the yard below us .

Edited by bothamlad
ADDING

9 hours ago, S4 8GG said:

Thats right ,we lived at 275 sicey avenue.We had elderly neighbours either side of us,they were so friendly and helpful.

Hi Botham lad , forgot that we lived so close together on Sicey Ave.

23 hours ago, S4 8GG said:

Thanks for your reply jane if my memory serves me did they live in the yard opposite the who can tell,and you are older than them

.in the same yard as an old lady that lived in the corner house.i think she was called mrs green.

Hi s4 8gg.  I'm actually younger than Angie and Stuart, my sister was a year older than Stuart.

9 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Angela Butler had long blonde hair same classes as me for several years Butlers were a massive family scattered all over Grimesthorpe did loads for charity organised street parties very nice family Francis died a few years ago at his home in Chapeltown.. Councilor and writer of a column in a paper. 

I never knew that the Butler's I am referring to were related to the Councillor.