Grimesthorpe Part 3

Nothing built on Cyclops St , I lived on Cyclops St in the same yard as the Allens and remember Norma very well 😎

Jad279 do you know anything about them witch yard are you taking about 

Jed do you remember mr and mrs greenwood that lived at no 36 

The Greenwood’s I know we’re OAPs that I knew in

The 50s and60s we left cyclops st in 1974? I think they were still living there then jad witch yard did you live in 

Ken  Gray can you remember playing football in the Dunn’s yard and Margaret and Jennifer played as well they must have been some of the first girls to play football and they’re didn’t seem to be many windows broken we’re there 

HeHe , i lived at number 27 Cyclops St and that was the bottom house of the 4 in the yard , so Allens must have been 33. I left when they were knocked down and moved to Shiregreen , shame.

Edited by jad279
spelling

Jab did you live next door to the farnells  

I think Norma lives on Firth park somewhere did you know bob fornell

he lived on shirgreen 

Yes i lived next to the Farnells , Barbra and Bob i think ,they had a little lad but cant remember his name.

I think you’re right Jim he lived on shirehall road at the bottom near Sicey Avenue up to 2001

Jimmy did you know many family’s that lived on cyclops street 

I remember the Sullivans that had beer off , The Deegans , the Georges , the Worships , all because they had lads i went to school with . Plus the Allens and the Farnells. Most of my mates lived on Botham St (and north) and Grimesthorpe Rd. We used to nip thru the yards on the inner part of Cyclops St jump over wall and come out on Grimesthorpe Rd.

7 minutes ago, jad279 said:

I remember the Sullivans that had beer off , The Deegans , the Georges , the Worships , all because they had lads i went to school with . Plus the Allens and the Farnells. Most of my mates lived on Botham St (and north) and Grimesthorpe Rd. We used to nip thru the yards on the inner part of Cyclops St jump over wall and come out on Grimesthorpe Rd.

RE  Worship???

My wife is a Worsnop, from Hunsley St