Grimesthorpe Part 3

Hello Fleetwood and Gaz. I've been talking to Sheila (rf2690) and we both remember a lady who lived in that yard. She wasn't very big but walked a huge great dane. The dog carried her shopping basket in its mouth. This must have been the mid fifties when we attended Grimesthoroe School.

Hello Fleetwood and Gaz. I've been talking to Sheila (rf2690) and we both remember a lady who lived in that yard. She wasn't very big but walked a huge great dane. The dog carried her shopping basket in its mouth. This must have been the mid fifties when we attended Grimesthoroe School.

Hi cat631 - Don't recall the lady, I do remember a boy who lived in a yard or so further down, a terrible accident killed his younger sister trying out her new bike, this happened in town around Ladysbridge area, all anybody could say at the time was how and why? It was a great loss to the family. fleetwood

Edited by fleetwood

Fantastic know lots of people on there even me as a baby lol thanks ?
just had a look and found me on one of the reunion pics :hihi:

Sad to hear how the place has ended up .It was always Industrial but a good community.

Jim.

Merry Christmas and A Happy and Peaceful New Year to all Grimesthorpians near and far. Jean J

Merry Christmas and A Happy and Peaceful New Year to all Grimesthorpians near and far. Jean J

Thanks Jean and same from me to All :thumbsup:

Peter.

Oh I do like that one. Merry Christmas everyone, have a great time.

Ralph.

---------- Post added 29-12-2017 at 23:09 ----------

hdSyyBm.jpg

We recently mentioned a lady with a great dane. Beezerboy has sent this photo taken near The Who Can Tell on Ruthin Street. Although not very clear, behind the lady and child can be seen someone walking a big dog that could be the same great dane.

Edited by cat631
Addition

Oh I do like that one. Merry Christmas everyone, have a great time.

Ralph.

---------- Post added 29-12-2017 at 23:09 ----------

hdSyyBm.jpg

We recently mentioned a lady with a great dane. Beezerboy has sent this photo taken near The Who Can Tell on Ruthin Street. Although not very clear, behind the lady and child can be seen someone walking a big dog that could be the same great dane.

Seems to me that, seriously, one could easily see a Great Dane with a shopping basket in it's mouth as mentioned in your previous post! The dog's ears are right and something is partially covering it's face.

Edited by PeterR

Thanks CAT631, I couldn't get a transfer of the photo from Photobucket so had to take a pic and hope someone could help. At a guess I think the photo was probably taken at a Whit weekend around 1949 the little girl tells me. Thanks once again.

Edited by beezerboy

Looks like a small pony, glad I didn't bump into that on the way home from the Grimey club. Dor's remembers the dog, but doesn't remember who owned it.

Edited by skippy

All old Sheffield Arms regulars will be sorry to hear the couple that took over the pub after Roy and Ada left, namely Gerry and Pat, Pat died over the Christmas period and will sadly be missed by all.