Grimesthorpe Part 3

Been said now that the old Sheffield Arms Pub in Upwell St has now open up as a

Mini Market.

Dont all rush in at once looking for any discounts.

Linda Bennet nee Worship sadly died 19/02/16 another well known Grimesthorpian R.I.P.

I knew Linda and all her brothers, Linda and all the family lived in Grimesthorpe Rd IN THE 50/60S

I lived in Cyclops St and their back yard over looked theirs

Nice girl was Linda R.I.P.

Edited by brian1941
wORDING

I went down Grimesthorpe Road yesterday past the old junior school and along Earl Marshall road I have never seen as much litter about it looked terrible, I know it was also a poorer area of the city but it was not like this in the "old days" who are the "rubbish" who haved moved in.

Bumped into an old Grimesthorpe lad this afternoon in the Benjamin Huntsman, Billy Smith, I think he lived near 'Tfishcake' top Grimesthorpe.

Bumped into an old Grimesthorpe lad this afternoon in the Benjamin Huntsman, Billy Smith, I think he lived near 'Tfishcake' top Grimesthorpe.

yes, he lived in same yard as me, he was Lincoln Place, I was Bland St, we also knocked about together on scooters, our group was called "The Untouchables"

When we were kids mother used to buy potted meat or paloney or sometimes both from the corner shop (Holmes), it went into sandwiches for packing up for Dad or served to us. Potted meat came out of a larger container at the shop and bought in whatever quantity and the paloney was like a red sausage as it had this red skin and purchased one link at a time, it could be spread or served in slices. My question is, is this stuff still around if so did it get any better tasting? And again, I wonder what these original products comprised of. fleetwood

When we were kids mother used to buy potted meat or paloney or sometimes both from the corner shop (Holmes), it went into sandwiches for packing up for Dad or served to us. Potted meat came out of a larger container at the shop and bought in whatever quantity and the paloney was like a red sausage as it had this red skin and purchased one link at a time, it could be spread or served in slices. My question is, is this stuff still around if so did it get any better tasting? And again, I wonder what these original products comprised of. fleetwood

Nowt like bread and dripping grimesthorpe style straight from bottom of meyt tin and on doorstep wedges of bread lol

-------------

Hi Fleetwood, My mum bought both off them items for the home

or pack up but potted meat was our favourite.

I once lived in digs in Pitsmoor on Hanover St, i paid full board not

bad digs but the landlady offered to do my daily pack up each week,

what i got fed up with was beef spread- beef spread- Beef spread

not that i minded so but is all that they sold in shops. :hihi::hihi: Brian

-------------

Hi Fleetwood, My mum bought both off them items for the home

or pack up but potted meat was our favourite.

I once lived in digs in Pitsmoor on Hanover St, i paid full board not

bad digs but the landlady offered to do my daily pack up each week,

what i got fed up with was beef spread- beef spread- Beef spread

not that i minded so but is all that they sold in shops. :hihi::hihi: Brian

back in the saddle computer that works and a keyboard with very larg letters for a blind man, driving days now over and my driver refuse to wear the little cap???give us a call flyer

Had a drive through Grimesthorpe noticed the new mosque is nearly complete at end of petre St any comments welcome looks bigger than the average mosque lol

Had a drive through Grimesthorpe noticed the new mosque is nearly complete at end of petre St any comments welcome looks bigger than the average mosque lol

-------------

I was down that end other week, looking good now that Mosque

might call in and say a prayer. :|