Grimesthorpe Part 3

There was a pet shop called Hutchinson too...but I can't remember where it was. !

Hutchinson's had a pet store in the Wicker, at the corner of Stanley Street.

Hutchinson's had a pet store in the Wicker, at the corner of Stanley Street.

Ah sure there's one at moorfoot called Hutchinson's Harry Whattam always had dog meat for sale

I remember a pet shop at the bottom of Hunsley St and the corner of Crown Hill I use to go there for dog biscuits but I can't remember the name, Sheila may know. Jean J

Hi Jean,can vaguely remember it i'll ask around about the name.See Graham Green often and he lived in that yard.No old one's left to ask,we are the old one's.Can remember Harry Wattam coming round collecting potato peelings and such for his pigs,but not him selling dog food.May have been too young,recall watching the Clay /Liston fight at his house we didn't have a telly.Still in touch with Harry's grandaughter.Hope your well love.Sheila x

Hi Jean,can vaguely remember it i'll ask around about the name.See Graham Green often and he lived in that yard.No old one's left to ask,we are the old one's.Can remember Harry Wattam coming round collecting potato peelings and such for his pigs,but not him selling dog food.May have been too young,recall watching the Clay /Liston fight at his house we didn't have a telly.Still in touch with Harry's grandaughter.Hope your well love.Sheila x

Don't think be sold dog meat but he always had something could be what he had surplus from the pig swill ..... Did the Gordon's live in same yard ?

Don't think be sold dog meat but he always had something could be what he had surplus from the pig swill ..... Did the Gordon's live in same yard ?

Hi Bantycock,no Harry had his own yard, at the bottom he had stables where he kept two of the biggest saddleback pigs I've seen.Think he had chickens too.The Gordons lived in the next yard going down Hunsley St,Mr Gordon passed away early on this year.

Hi Bantycock,no Harry had his own yard, at the bottom he had stables where he kept two of the biggest saddleback pigs I've seen.Think he had chickens too.The Gordons lived in the next yard going down Hunsley St,Mr Gordon passed away early on this year.

Ah I knew Sonia lived somewhere down there I spent most of my time at top end petre street with mates ! Pinders cornthwaite Bailies Wilson's crosses just to name a few o can't forget wards and Pete farnell Lol

Ogleys lol nice picture on picture on picture Sheffield.com have fun

Thanks. I remember it as Ogleys now. Loved the Rag and Tag market.

Thanks. I remember it as Ogleys now. Loved the Rag and Tag market.

Ah me too but was a long time ago nowt like that these days

Got a good birds eye view on a double decker on Wennesday 38 Bus.

I was passing the Sheffield Arms and the upstairs windows were fully

open, men at work Plastering the walls.

Just waiting for opening day- Discounts.

Got a good birds eye view on a double decker on Wennesday 38 Bus.

I was passing the Sheffield Arms and the upstairs windows were fully

open, men at work Plastering the walls.

Just waiting for opening day- Discounts.

According to some on this site it's not going to be a pub tho'. As for the bus ride, sounds like the old Petre Street bus (34-35) and I expect it doesn't terminate at Hunsley Street or Refrom Chapel anymore.

https://goo.gl/photos/9DKagRTwEVmKNadk9

Hiya Peter R, Regarding the map you sent to me on sheffield 4, one st i never

knew off was Willoughby St, From Firth Park Hotel up Hinde St -

( got it right this time) was Popple st- Robey st- LLoyd st-Wade st and last was

Willoughby st.

https://goo.gl/photos/PYshaiA7mNBh1voV7

Enclose two pics of Owler Lane.

Thanks Peter for them other pics you sent regards peter st No 631, had great time in that area. Brian

Edited by brian1941

https://goo.gl/photos/9DKagRTwEVmKNadk9

Hiya Peter R, Regarding the map you sent to me on sheffield 4, one st i never

knew off was Willoughby St, From Firth Park Hotel up Hinde St -

( got it right this time) was Popple st- Robey st- LLoyd st-Wade st and last was

Willoughby st.

https://goo.gl/photos/PYshaiA7mNBh1voV7

Enclose two pics of Owler Lane.

Thanks Peter for them other pics you sent regards peter st No 631, had great time in that area. Brian

Hi Brian,

I'm pleased that you let me know that you found both items useful.

Peter.