Grimesthorpe Part 3

----------------

Hi Clydesdale, Are you related to Maureen suter as I knew her when they had the prince pub.

Still see Terry Suter now and again!

Hi, there TFISHCAKE,thanks for the reply and the info,dugout my birth certificate and it says that i was born at alms houses 16,carlise st,east.guess i should have looked more closely,as i was always told that i was born on bland st.So i am truly grateful to you for putting the record straight for me.clydesdale.

---------- Post added 14-09-2014 at 01:16 ----------

i remember mrs suters shop well and if im right her mother was allways sat in the back of the shop, also you could go any time of night and get served at the side door.i seem to remember one of the suter lads getting badly hurt on the english steel roof which we used to climb on from adsetts street.

Hi,kinjuro,suters shop was run by my aunt mary and yes ,her mother (my gramma)always sat in the back.Sometimes mary"s sister Kathleen would be in the shop,on a weekend if she was home from Halifax general hospital,where she was a matron for most of her life.Maureen was my cousin.Never heard about the E.S.C.roof episode,do you remember who it was or when?Kathleen & my sister EILEEN went on holidays together for years,Mary and my parents visited my wife and i in Canada afew times.great to hear from you and look forward to more info between us.thank you clydesdale

Hi, there TFISHCAKE,thanks for the reply and the info,dugout my birth certificate and it says that i was born at alms houses 16,carlise st,east.guess i should have looked more closely,as i was always told that i was born on bland st.So i am truly grateful to you for putting the record straight for me.clydesdale.

---------- Post added 14-09-2014 at 01:16 ----------

Hi,kinjuro,suters shop was run by my aunt mary and yes ,her mother (my gramma)always sat in the back.Sometimes mary"s sister Kathleen would be in the shop,on a weekend if she was home from Halifax general hospital,where she was a matron for most of her life.Maureen was my cousin.Never heard about the E.S.C.roof episode,do you remember who it was or when?Kathleen & my sister EILEEN went on holidays together for years,Mary and my parents visited my wife and i in Canada afew times.great to hear from you and look forward to more info between us.thank you clydesdale

Hi clydesdale, I think the incident on ESC roof might be pertaining to the time "Beany" aka Keith Green fell through the roof and was badly injured when he went up to retrieve the football that went on roof as we were having a game on Addsett St

CAN REMEBER WALKING PAST THAT YEARS AGO AS IF IT WAS YESTERDAY GREAT PHOTO :thumbsup:

-------------------

Hiya Pigeon, Did the picture come up as i can't get it to show on

my photobucket,

-------------------

hiya pigeon, did the picture come up as i can't get it to show on

my photobucket,

yep sanderson and keysers if my mind serves me reyt! Chystal clear picture ,,,,was it new hall road?????

yep sanderson and keysers if my mind serves me reyt! Chystal clear picture ,,,,was it new hall road?????

thats the roundabout on carlisle street

Edited by backwardben
sde

Hi Brian, the gateway on the corner is still there, on the roundabout.

------------

Yes thats right George can see the gate and i never gave it a thought,

i am still learning to put pictures on forum and i have managed to

put 2 on today. Hope your well. :|

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/brian1941/GrimesthorpePics-2014012_zps84550bc3.jpg

If this picture of grimesthorpe rd comes on forum can anyone remember

the steps opposite this wall on corner, my mate use to keep chickens and

other people had gardens on top.

I remember the stone steps set into the stone wall on the right hand side of Grimesthorpe Rd looking towards town, they were just situated before the road that led upto the pre-fabs that were there in the early days.