Neighbour's dog mess. Any advice?

My neighbour has a dog which they let do it's mess in their own garden (not mine just to make that clear) and they just leave it, there must be 30 mounds of it. Is there anything I can do via the environmental health, council etc. Apart from it being disgusting and unsightly, are there any health hazards ? or will it attract other things, rodents etc.

I haven't approached them yet, but would like some insight into my options before I do.

Some help and advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Approaches can differ ... are they owners or tenants?

If tenants, are they Council/Housing Association or Private?

Approaches can differ ... are they owners or tenants?

If tenants, are they Council/Housing Association or Private?

Privately owned. .

Brown paper bag

Small scoop

Matches

Work it out:D

I would always advise the informal, friendly approach to the neighbours, but I can also understand that there may well be situations where that can be problematic.

The accumulation of animal faeces on a private garden can be illegal under the Environmental Protection Act 1990. There are elements of the nuisance laws and the waste disposal laws that are brought into play.

Enforcement falls to the Environmental Protection Service who can be contacted for advice:

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/environment/environmental-health/animals/contact.html

Householders have been prosecuted in the past:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-dog-owner-fined-for-failure-to-clean-up-garden-1-5831374

Privately owned. .

Privately owned by them? Or like a private rent?

Anyway, go round nand have a quiet word. Ive got a dog and ill be honest ive been caught our more than once by him. He goes on the garden and has a dump and unless im watching him all the time i wont know, i dont use the garden much so before you know it theres a few stinking up the place. Of course at that point i clear up and break out the Jayes and alls well again but i felt a bit disgusted with my self for a wee while.

Go round, if they dont care and wont do anything then go official with environmental services.

Just be polite, be happy and good luck :)

Privately owned by them? Or like a private rent?

Anyway, go round nand have a quiet word. Ive got a dog and ill be honest ive been caught our more than once by him. He goes on the garden and has a dump and unless im watching him all the time i wont know, i dont use the garden much so before you know it theres a few stinking up the place. Of course at that point i clear up and break out the Jayes and alls well again but i felt a bit disgusted with my self for a wee while.

Go round, if they dont care and wont do anything then go official with environmental services.

Just be polite, be happy and good luck :)

Privately owned by them. Mortgaged etc

My neighbour has a dog which they let do it's mess in their own garden (not mine just to make that clear) and they just leave it, there must be 30 mounds of it.

Is it just from 1 dog? If so that would mean he maybe cleans it up, once per 10 days?

Privately owned by them. Mortgaged etc

Well id go round. Put on your best smile and just ask them to clean it up more often. 30 lumps of dump must stink like, well 30 lumps of dump :gag:

Is it just from 1 dog? If so that would mean he maybe cleans it up, once per 10 days?

Yes 1 dog. And no he has not cleaned it up since he moved back in with his parent. 3 months ago.

Yes 1 dog. And no he has not cleaned it up since he moved back in with his parent. 3 months ago.

I was think that he does not take it for walks, dogs will poo at least twice per day. Is it a large or small dog?

It is people like that who give the considerate dog owners a bad name. I always have at least four black bags on the lead, and if my dogs are off the lead, I make sure they are in front of me so \I can see what they are doing and clear up after them. Why have a dog if you are not going to be responsible for cleaning up after them?