Tips for damflask res

looking at going to damflask on monday anyone got any tips, inc bait and pegs?, i also heard they have a ticket machine to pay for day passes

The neck end and plantation are usually the best areas this time of year. Groundbait feeder with a variety of baits works well though you may get pestered by small fish with maggot on the hook. Don't be afraid to feed heavy, I put a good bed of bait down first then fish a feeder over it.

Day tickets from the machine were £4.95 earlier this year ( it doesn't give change).

£4.95 - why don't they just charge £5 which is quite cheap anyway seeing as they don't give change?

4.95 from a machine is a bit daft, imagine arriving & you're a penny short - what would you do?

just charge a fiver..

I used to love/hate fishing the flask when I was younger

so beautiful & so alive but can be so hard to catch

spent a lot of days on those banks as a teenager, mostly not catching, but leaned such a lot

went for a bank walk down the neck end a couple of months ago & chatted to one of the 3 or 4 anglers fishing, he'd been catching skimmers on groundbait feeder with an inch long worm segment on the hook, he was pretty confident bigger bream would arrive sooner or later

he was only chucking about 30 yards as well

Dont forget that there is still a good head of brown trout and Rainbows in the res from past years stocking. Best on slow sinking Lobworms as far out as you can cast.