Sheff storm 8/8

Hillsbough was horrendous. Was sat on a bus and the rain hitting the roof drowned out all the sound

Sound of what? Not the witty banter from your fellow passengers, I'm guessing...:hihi:

Centre of Oughtibridge chaotic at the moment as the crossroads is flooded.

Manhole covers jetting water and motorists ignoring the traffic lights at the bridge roadworks, meaning drivers coming into the roadworks from Jawbone Hill might face unexpected oncoming traffic.

Hopefully it'll clear soon but the people repairing the bridge are doing a brilliant job guiding cars around the deepest water and manhole covers at the moment!

Ooh, sounds like I came through just in time! I thought I saw a tornado forming there too, I imagine it was just a suspiciously-shaped cloud :)

Here in Birdwell had a mega mega storm about 2 hours ago. It flooded the back patio area and my husband's workshop ( we've never had flooding before ) The road looked like a river. :o

Edited by francypants

It's bad again here. I know my garden needed water but this is ridiculous >_>

Someone turn off the tap already.

Overton Rd resembling a river at the mo, anyone wanna come canoeing.....:hihi::hihi:

I'm waiting for someone to post a certain boat pic...XD

I've just driven up Burncross Road in Chapeltown and its crazy...how can there be so much standing water when you're driving uphill?! Impressive storm!

Hillsbough was horrendous. Was sat on a bus and the rain hitting the roof drowned out all the sound

That sounds like my ideal bus journey. :hihi:

Anyone driving on Low Road at Oughtibridge, take it slowly as it's flooded right across now and there's a car conked out on there due to going too fast.

Insane rain in Barnsley and its still at it !

http://apps.environment-agency.gov.uk/flood/34678.aspx?type=Region&term=Northeast&Severity=2

Flood Warning:

Ecclesfield including Loicher Bridge and the works on Station Road. Chapeltown including Nether Lane, Cowley Lane, Falding Street, Station Road, Thornbrook Gardens, Cart Road, Bridge Inn Road and Newton Chambers Road.

@Jozafeen - glad i live up on Crag View >_>

longy67 hows overton rd because my friend lives on there and i know there away