Christians now fleeing from the islamists Iraq

There was a solidarity against ISIS demo today in London and it was attended by Muslims as well= http://www.demotix.com/news/5514691/solidarity-against-isis-demonstration-downing-street-uk#media-5514647

I have to say that I have seen bigger queues at the ice cream van, one thing that I found uplifting though was to see women and girls present.

I have to say that I have seen bigger queues at the ice cream van, one thing that I found uplifting though was to see women and girls present.

There was a demo against ISIS and it consisted of Muslims as well, my point is made and I don't give a flying non halal pig about you seeing longer queues at the ice cream van or you being uplifted to see women and children present. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 13-08-2014 at 22:00 ----------

It seems they are upsetting the Arab world.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2014/07/01/concerns-about-islamic-extremism-on-the-rise-in-middle-east/

I'm good with a UN action to blast the crap out of the whole lot of them and then leave the region to fight it out amongst themselves.

We already blasted the crap out of Iraq and left the region to fight it out amngst themselves and ended up with ISIS! :loopy:

We already blasted the crap out of Iraq and left the region to fight it out amngst themselves and ended up with ISIS! :loopy:

Maybe true, maybe.

As a short term measure, force is sometimes necessary. Disarming an irrational combatant demands a strong response.

However when force is used in the name of justice, it must be seen to be measured and impartial such that all parties can recognise it as such.

Unfortunately too much force is being used in anger and vengeance or pursuit of economic interests.

It should be no surprise that force and military action which is perceived as unjust merely breeds further violence and terrorism.

In the present situation it seems that force against ISIS is absolutely necessary and just, however we must get the buy in of all responsible parties in the region to de-escalate violence and pursue recognisable justice for all.

Legacy of Bush and his cronies.

It was always going to happen.

How some on here just go blaming other groups is nonsense-this whole mess was created by America.

Meanwhile Tony Blair, the Middle East envoy is off sunning it up surrounded by people who will maintain his delusion that 'Iraq is nothing to do with him'.

It does not matter if they are innocent Christians or Muslims, either innocent lives matter or they don't.

How some on here just go blaming other groups is nonsense-this whole mess was created by America.

How do you account for the violence in Islamic countries that Bush didn't invade?

So here's the question.

If 200 heavily armed Islamic fundamentalists are attacking a community of 100 unarmed non believers with a view to doing a bit of human sacrifice, is it ethical to send in an air strike that kills the 200 in order to save 100?

How do you account for the violence in Islamic countries that Bush didn't invade?

How do you account for it?

So here's the question.

If 200 heavily armed Islamic fundamentalists are attacking a community of 100 unarmed non believers with a view to doing a bit of human sacrifice, is it ethical to send in an air strike that kills the 200 in order to save 100?

Are you guaranteeing that non or all of the 100 will be collateral?

So here's the question.

Yes even if it results in 50% of the 100 also being killed, at least 50% were saved.

Are you guaranteeing that non or all of the 100 will be collateral?

I don't think you can guarantee anything in such circumstances except the 100 peace loving folk will be killed if you sit back and do nothing. So what would you do?

The madness was not created by America. Rather it was released by their idiotic and naive actions. The madness itself is a product of the Islamic religion and culture.

---------- Post added 14-08-2014 at 10:30 ----------

So here's the question.

They won't take the bait I'm afraid.

The answer seems obvious... kill the baddies and save the goodies. But you then need to ask yourself what price are you willing to pay for your heroics? What if doing it results in some of your people losing their lives, costs billions and makes you more of a target for Islamic extremist terrorists?

I don't think you can guarantee anything in such circumstances except the 100 peace loving folk will be killed if you sit back and do nothing. So what would you do?

Air-strikes are unpredictable as has been proven time after time. As we are using guesswork and figures, the strike could collaterally kill all those you intend to save while killing non you intend to kill with the result of "well we tried".

As we are using life in the form of numbers, statistics or semantics, boots on the ground in the form of a task force would be preferable. Some may argue that puts military personnel lives at risk, well that's what their there for, and ultimately they are only statistics and numbers like those that are under threat are.

Would you commit an airstrike on the murderous thugs that hold the 200 girls in Nigeria?