Orange/EE customer service - does it get worse than this?

Rumour has it that the 3G signal is deliberately being degraded to try and force people to upgrade to 4G

Work colleagues have reported the same - what used to be excellent 3G service is now quite poor.

---------- Post added 09-08-2014 at 14:07 ----------

If you think it is bad getting through, wait till you speak with an operator.... Like banging your head against a wall

Again a work colleague has reported this for 3: operator simply unable to resolve or to really understand issue.

I'll have to console myself that I'm now getting "all you can eat" data after moving to 3. Hope I won't need their support! (At least sales were good :| )

---------- Post added 09-08-2014 at 14:16 ----------

Oh, and I had another letter this morning from EE to say (a second) router is on its way!!! I'm simply gonna hope that they choose to switch on broadband rather than waste my life queuing on their support line. I think Basil Fawlty would have more joy with Mrs Richards and her hearing aid ... SWITCH IT ON! (Currently tethered to 3 and if it was only me in the house that's all I'd need!)

I can confirm that EE`s customer service is no better now. I want to ask them a question, but, as is the way o f crappy modern customer service, they just want you to talk to a computer. I`ve been trying to get through to someone 6 times (that`s SIX times0 by pressing various combinations of number options, yet every time I`ve just been cut off.

APPALLING

I am thinking about using Plusnet(EE) as my mobile provider, good idea? They are cheap.

I`ve just had to phone Yorkshire Water, I got through almost straight away to a real human being. In fact that usually happens when I phone YW. It can be done. All these companies giving, let`s face it, CRAP customer service should be ashamed of themselves.

EE customer service is shocking. On 2 separate occasions I waited in twice, all day, for an engineer to hook me up to Broadband, on both occasions he didn't turn up, I didn't even get a phone call cancelling.

I took 2 days off work, had no recompense from them. Yet if I cancelled I would've been charged a cancellation fee.

They are crap.

I can confirm that EE`s customer service is no better now. I want to ask them a question, but, as is the way o f crappy modern customer service, they just want you to talk to a computer. I`ve been trying to get through to someone 6 times (that`s SIX times0 by pressing various combinations of number options, yet every time I`ve just been cut off.

APPALLING

I've had exactly the same experience. It propelled my to doing an imitation of Charlie Chaplin in the ," Great Dictator ": fell on the floor and started biting the carpet in a fit of frustration !

I've had exactly the same experience. It propelled my to doing an imitation of Charlie Chaplin in the ," Great Dictator ": fell on the floor and started biting the carpet in a fit of frustration !

I know exactly how you feel. I was screaming at the phone when it cut me off for the 5th time.

Basically :

Any company which forces its customers to talk to a computerised phone system with more then 2 menu levels is providing bad service.

Any company which doesn't, relatively easily, put you through to a real human being, is providing very bad service.

Any company which doesn`t even give you the option to speak to a real human being is providing such shockingly bad service it doesn`t deserve to be in business,

The mobile service seems fine where I am although I did have enough of the broadband cutting out all the time. As soon as I switched to another company I had no problems at all.

I would like to meet the person on the advert's who say's, switching is easy. It's usually someone down at Westminster.

Three service for me has been pretty good, that said I have a Samsung so even though (my contract has 5 days left) over the past couple of years I've had one or two issues they simply have to do nothing they just say ''There's a Samsung in town'' so I don't have to deal with their customer service. I have had to claim on the insurance when I broke my phone and by 10am the next day there was a new phone delivered so that wasn't bad either.

Anyway EE. in my previous contracts I've had bad experiences with them personally including a couple of stolen phones resulting in a total of nearly £700 in phone calls which they ''Couldn't prove I didn't make'' so I got none of it back. (Despite reporting the phones as stolen) Even when one of my phones were away for repair I tried calling the number they gave me when I wanted to inquire about the status of repair and for 2 weeks I couldn't get through. I went in to the shop I took it back to and asked if they would be able to find out, they said ''We don't have a number we'd just have to use the one you have'' that could be true but I find it hard to believe.