Orange/EE customer service - does it get worse than this?

As I'm writing I have been on hold for 1 hour 2 minutes and 30 seconds to Orange/EE customer service.

No answer.

2 calls earlier this week lasted 45 minutes (unanswered) and 30 minutes.

Is any other company's customer service as bad as this?

BTW I'm leaving Orange/EE for charging £152 for 19MB of roaming data after a technical error prevented me from buying a second data bundle.

I had elected to upgrade my mobile contract from Orange to EE but cancelled the contract (within the cooling off period) after receiving the outrageous charges. To cancel the broadband would mean another 10 days offline to switch back to Sky.

At the time of the initial order they forgot to send a router. Now it's arrived and despite the fact that the switchover took place 4 days ago I still don't have broadband.

This is truly awful customer service.

The delays in answering calls are reason enough to quit Orange/EE let alone their continued Roaming Data Ripoffs.

Now 1h 09 mins listening to muzak and promises of a quick answer ...

I'm just curious now as to how long this will go on for ... d'oh the call has just dropped at 1 hour and 10 minutes. Ah well start again.

The good news is that I've completed my phone switch to Three and am currently tethered to my phone for internet access.

Orange/EE customer service ... does it get any worse than this?

The bad news is that 3 have awful customer service, rated by the ombudsman as the lowest in the industry.

You shouldn't be down for 10 days whilst switching, their are regulations in place to prevent down time such as this whilst switching between providers.

mmm yes ... I haven't had a bad response so far from 3 sales. I know ... sales!

Apparently to cancel the broadband order with EE and to stick with Sky would require a new order to be placed with BT to switch back. 10 days is what I've been told to make this switch.

As I'm writing I have been on hold for 1 hour 2 minutes and 30 seconds to Orange/EE customer service.

No answer.

2 calls earlier this week lasted 45 minutes (unanswered) and 30 minutes.

Is any other company's customer service as bad as this?

BTW I'm leaving Orange/EE for charging £152 for 19MB of roaming data after a technical error prevented me from buying a second data bundle.

I had elected to upgrade my mobile contract from Orange to EE but cancelled the contract (within the cooling off period) after receiving the outrageous charges. To cancel the broadband would mean another 10 days offline to switch back to Sky.

At the time of the initial order they forgot to send a router. Now it's arrived and despite the fact that the switchover took place 4 days ago I still don't have broadband.

This is truly awful customer service.

The delays in answering calls are reason enough to quit Orange/EE let alone their continued Roaming Data Ripoffs.

Now 1h 09 mins listening to muzak and promises of a quick answer ...

I'm just curious now as to how long this will go on for ... d'oh the call has just dropped at 1 hour and 10 minutes. Ah well start again.

The good news is that I've completed my phone switch to Three and am currently tethered to my phone for internet access.

Orange/EE customer service ... does it get any worse than this?

Sounds about the same as Vodafone to be honest.

I had dropping connection issues with EE. It ranged from good to sublime. Sometimes I was cut off but ended up with my own technician on call. All would be well for a few weeks and then the internet would start dropping every few minutes for an hour or so and then be ok again. In the end I just put up with it as I was wasting too many hours trying to sort it out.

I'm having major trouble with EE / orange if a make an outgoing call it can take up to 90 seconds before it starts to ring out ! Also the signal keeps breaking up when I'm talking to some one it never use to be like this it was always very constantly realy good.

The bad news is that 3 have awful customer service, rated by the ombudsman as the lowest in the industry.

Oh jeez you're right ... it was hard for me to imagine ... but it does get worse! (survey in 2010).

my EE went off on Thursday about 6.30 31july I got through right away we went through all the signing in status etc for 2hours, same again on Friday and Saturday I was offered a engineer to call and check my wiring (this had been done on 21june and a new brightbox fitted) the engineer came PM Monday 4th august he checked all wiring again right back to the brightbox where it worked, he recommended the old box is put back (its only 6 months old) back online about 4pm. I got another 18 month of this crap

it never use to be like this it was always very constantly realy good.

Another reason I switched. Orange used to be excellent. I once got signal inside a lift. Isn't that a metal box? ... like a Faraday cage - getting a signal in a lift shouldn't be possible? That's right ... thanks google/wikipedia

Since EE got involved I can't say I've had the same reception. I've even had dodgy connections at home despite the fact I can see the phone mast form my bedroom window!

Rumour has it that the 3G signal is deliberately being degraded to try and force people to upgrade to 4G

Rumour has it that the 3G signal is deliberately being degraded to try and force people to upgrade to 4G

Wouldn't surprise me, my 3G has been getting worse as of late. I won't upgrade to 4G though. Not through EE at any rate. Can't wait to get out of my contract in January.

If you think it is bad getting through, wait till you speak with an operator.... Like banging your head against a wall