New to photography

Hi

I'm bit of a late starter at 50 and just got myself a bridge camera to try and be a bit more creative.

Any help or hints would be welcome.

Subject material would be almost anything interesting from animals to landscapes to urban.

Hello - I run 'Getting to know your Camera' workshops in Bakewell - please have a look at www.photos-n-pixels.weebly.com or my workshop facebook page at www.facebook.com/cameraworkshops - maybe just what you need! - only £32 full day incl lunch!

I also have some additional photography/Photoshop workshops in Aug/Sept - all informal and reasonably priced - some in Sheffield some in Bakewell - details are on fb page.

Thanks

Joy

Hi

I'm bit of a late starter at 50 and just got myself a bridge camera to try and be a bit more creative.

Any help or hints would be welcome.

Subject material would be almost anything interesting from animals to landscapes to urban.

Have a nip over here and join up, they have meet ups and outings and a forum and they are local.

Hello - I run 'Getting to know your Camera' workshops in Bakewell - please have a look at www.photos-n-pixels.weebly.com or my workshop facebook page at www.facebook.com/cameraworkshops - maybe just what you need! - only £32 full day incl lunch!

I also have some additional photography/Photoshop workshops in Aug/Sept - all informal and reasonably priced - some in Sheffield some in Bakewell - details are on fb page.

Thanks

Joy

I have been on this course and I have to say that it is well worth the money. If you are new to photography and would like to know how to use your camera instead of using the auto function. Then this could be for you and I would recommend this to anyone, especially those beginners like me.

I've been on various courses, City and Guilds, one day Photoshop stuff and they are great for teaching you how to use the equipment and software.

I have learned more about image making from looking at the work of others, I find it impossible to go past a secondhand bookshop and occasionally find a photographic monograph for peanuts.

One of the great things about photography is that you can copy the ideas of others ..... but ..... you have to use your own source material so the images will be uniquely yours.

Cheers - Stan

You Tube is the place to go,the top snapper Jeff Cable has loads of tutorials on many subjects from basic to advanced, learn from a pro.Download and burn onto dvd watch at your own speed.This guy is a master of the art.

Edited by rockonvynil

Hi There, Jess Petrie Photography runs photography workshops and 1-2-1 mentoring too.

youtube watch fontanaknowlage, Mike Browne, and thatnikonguy aka Matt Granger.watching these three will help greatly, i learned loads from their videos when i started out and i still watch them now.