Wifi and Tablet problem

Can anyone help with this problem, my granddaughter is visiting and her Wondermedia WM8855 tablet says it is connected with a good signal but won't let you go to the internet or it says not connected because its to far from the router even though I'm sat at the side of it. I spent hours trying to sort this even rebooting doing a factory reset and still cannot resolve the problem. Has anyone had the same problem and managed to sort it.? Thanks for any info.alan p.

Does the tablet work at OK when at home or on another network?

If so then I'd recommend changing your routers wireless channel, what's your routers make/model?

Hello sidbobs, All my stuff desktop pc, laptop, and my phone and tablet all work ok, its just my granddaughters that doesn't it has worked at my house ok in the past.

Some routers change their channels automatically if they are power cycled/rebooted so it COULD still be a channel problem.

There are quite a few potential solutions to this but we'd advise starting with the following;

Check the time and date on the tablet - is it set correctly? If not, set it correctly and try again - sounds stupid but try it!

Let us know how you get on.

Hello all, I have checked the time and date and that hasn't helped this time. I also told it to forget my password and router name, then reinstalled it but that didn't work either. It also doesn't show any other wifi signals from around the neighbours. I took my granddaughter home and the same is happening so Its got to be the tablet thats at fault. Thanks for the help. alan p.

Hi Alan,

Happy for you to bring the tablet to our workshop and we'll resolve on a no-fix no-fee basis whilst you wait? If we resolve it, the charge will be £10. We are near Bramall Lane if you want to give it a try?

Thanks

---------- Post added 08-08-2014 at 12:06 ----------

you can also try Wifi Fixer https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.wahtod.wififixer if you are able to download it. When the tablet is connected to the wifi, are you able to use the Play Store etc but just not use the internet browser?

Can I keep you in mind ESPAtHome, My son was talking about taking it back to the person who sold it to him if that doesn't help can he call on you? The tablet cannot use playstore sometimes it shows that its connected to internet then it doesn't,The only thing that I haven't tried is connecting it to the computer and see if I can download anything to it. My son goes on holiday tomorrow for 3weeks my granddaughter can still use tablet for games but not for internet. Thanks again. Alan.

Hi Alan,

Yes, of course. Just get back in touch if you need us to do anything.