Wadsley Park Village

Have seen stunning apartment for sale at Middlewood Lodge, Wadsley Park Village. Does anyone know what its like living there?

It's quite nice there.

Winn Gardens accross the road is abit of a toilet tho, so don't get a house facing that dump :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

The brilliant access to the Tram Stop is a definite plus point, also be aware on match days some of the roads around the Wednesday ground are shut - you can find a way around but it will be abit busier.

There's an ASDA in walking distance as well, so you won't starve.

I live not far away, it's a nice area.

You do get kids around Middlewood Gardens more than my area. I was having a walk with a mate a few months back and we walked down through MG, on the way we saw 2 girls rolling on the ground fighting, whilst a householder had come out to tell them to clear off.

I think this was a week night, about 2130.

Nice estate, the apartments in Kingswood Hall there are also very nice.

Cheers

I know this is an oldish thread so probably not relevant now but thought id post for anyone looking in future. I used to rent an apartment in middlewood lodge. In summertime it was fabulous, absolutely loved the peace and tranquility. But, in winter I wasnt as keen, at the time, me and my partner shared a car, so I would often come home from work a bit late, obviously in winter, it is pretty dark for 7pm. I used to get the tram home and walk home alone. I must say as a young female on her own there was occasions when I just didnt feel safe. On one occasion I had a gang of young lads generally being quite threatening and trying to grab at me as I was walking past the play area and it scared me to death, if anything was to happen no one would hear you scream. I think if you drive a car then its lovely but if not I would think twice, walking up there in the dark is not nice when theres noone around.

The Pond Life from the estate over the road do tend to hang around abit, it's not very nice.

The Pond Life from the estate over the road do tend to hang around abit, it's not very nice.

Total codswallop.

I have lived on here for about 6yrs and never seen the same sort of people who hang round on wg hanging around on wpv by that i mean people who hang round stinking of booze, looking scruffy, a typical housing estate. The houses on here are immaculate, gardens all well kept and clean, park which isnt trashed and is safe, beautiful small woodland areas, fossil forrest fenced off until the renovate the gardens, nice little football pitch, great juxtoposition of the old and new with beautifully done renovations of the graded hospital buildings. Just the church left to do. Great if you are into history, has a great website with info going back decades. Occasionally i have seen odd teenagers on the park and pitches being loud and playing football but nothing thats ever made me feel annoyed, frightened or anything. Its a beautiful place to live and feels a million miles away from the main drag of roads and Hillsborough.

I saw them rolling on the floor fighting and cursing a streak, and I only walked down through MG one evening...

And haven't there been several muggings on the route up from the tram stop?

Nice estate but living that close to Winn Gardens would put me off buying there. I wouldn't feel safe walking to Hillsborough shops on an evening.

You'd be disappointed anyway, everything closes in Hillsborough at 1700.

I lived there for a couple of years and quite liked it. Tram access is good and never had any bother from Winn Gardens folk, though you did read about the occasional mugging. The initial plans for the estate had a precinct of shops and a pub in the middle of it, but they quietly dropped that part of it unfortunately. The biggest issue I'd say is the quality of the houses - they are quite spacious for new builds but not especially warm and the quality of the fixtures and fittings is far inferior to the Keepmoat home I live in now.