2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread so apologies if not.

I have 2 upvc windows that need repairing and am looking for some good, reliable and reasonably priced - any recommendations?

I have found a few local companies but seen mixed reviews and other threads on here are out of date.

Any help would be appreciated

Many thanks for your help - I've emailed Shaws :)

amazon123 can you please message, thank you :)

Try Mac-plas on here he gets loads of positive feedback

Just wanted to recommend Jeff Smith of Joinery Solutions. He has recently replaced all our internal doors. Jeff came when he said he would did a great job; he is a perfectionist with a good eye for design. He is obviously highly skilled in carpentry and joinery and exhibits a passion for his work. Such a relief to find someone like Jeff, he is a good, honest guy and not only that - he cleans up afterwards! We will definitely be using him time and time again.

hi thank you very much ta jeff

Can anyone recommend a competent flooring fitter to install Amtico in a bathroom with a floor area 1.7 x 1.35 metres. It's fitting only as I already have all the Amtico and the adhesive. Was going to attempt it myself but not confident about cutting round the toilet pan etc. I need it doing ASAP.

Looking for recommendations for someone to pave our drive and possibly a new patio too - any help gratefully received!

Try Brackenwood Fencing & Landscaping. I've had them do driveways and patios at several of my properties. Their Indian Stone patios are really nice, although I understand that they do use other materials to suit the customers wishes.

I don't use anyone else for this sort of work and although they don't claim to be the cheapest (top quality materials and workmanship never are) they are pretty competetive on price and the quotes are free.

You can contact Darren on 07894 987888 (daytime) or 01629 810000 (Evenings). Email brackenwoodfence@aol.com

Hello

My Wooden sliding sash windows are in need of repair and some TLC. Basically some parts are rotten and need repair and I would like them to last longer than a single year since they were last repainted by a well intentioned muppet (i.e. me without sanding properly and with cheap paint... I know....)

Has anyone any experience of Patton Joinery?

I've had a few quotes and whilst their quote isn't the cheapest they arrived on time and seemed quite knowledgable?

Thanks

Edited by hadventure
typo

Hi can anyone recommend a rendered in sheffield using monocouche please?

I will need to see examples of their work, so local projects would be helpful.

Many Thanks

Phil Travis

DMS Plastering services

07713 591115

Did all my house will be busy but top plasterer

Hi is there anyone who could fit a new door seal to a beko washing machine? We have the part but have been unsuccessful in our attempts to fix it! Many thanks

Hello

My Wooden sliding sash windows are in need of repair and some TLC. Basically some parts are rotten and need repair and I would like them to last longer than a single year since they were last repainted by a well intentioned muppet (i.e. me without sanding properly and with cheap paint... I know....)

Has anyone any experience of Patton Joinery?

I've had a few quotes and whilst their quote isn't the cheapest they arrived on time and seemed quite knowledgable?

Thanks

We used Patton Joinery a number of years ago to repair sash window frames and turn the single glaze into double glazing. In hindsight, the job they did on the windows was really good, but...

1. They also fitted a new wooden front door and door frame for us and it was done so badly we didn't pay for it and got a different joiner to fit another new door and frame.

2. All the wood was painted by Patton Joinery, but I would definitely recommend paying someone else to paint the wood.

From memory the quote was comparatively cheap compared to the competition.

Can anyone direct me to a reliable and legal rubbish removal service please? I need to get two large sofas removed from the garden. They have been there since saturday and i really need them moving asap.

TIA :)