2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Many thanks to Leepy (07946237432) once again who came at short notice to a rental property of mine.

All work done to an extremely high standard, as always.

Many thanks & highly recommended.

Banner Cross garage , Murray Road S11.

Big thumbs up to these young men who sorted out putting a new flex on my Kia Sportage. I had already had two other garages turn down the job as they thought they could cause more damage to the vehicle while repairing it because of the rusted connections.

Another pleasant surprise was I had the opportunity to see the job before and after completion.

I would heartily recommend them.

Has anyone used Pennine Rooflines for work?

They have put a leaflet through for facias and soffits with a quote

written on which looks reasonable. I happen to need this doing

so would appreciate any feedback. A quick Google says they are quite new, but no reviews that I can see.

Can anyone recommend a window cleaner in Oughtibridge area that can clean difficult to access windows and/or fascias.

thanks!

Many thanks to Sam @ Dearne (well known plumber on this forum) who sorted out a dripping main valve instantly.

To be honest, I don't know if the out call charge is the cheapest, BUT certainly NOT expensive one at all. The thing is that you pay for what you get best. Sam was called late night by me reporting a dripping of my main valve and offered to come immediately or advising me to turn off the valve and wait to see tomorrow as the leaking is not flooding the kitchen but certainly needs attention immediately.

I messaged him the next morning reporting the leaking is on and he came immediately at 9ish and fixed the leaking.

Many people would say, it's a easy job just tightening things but as advised by Sam, it should be done by a qualified plumber to do it probably thus avoiding turning your kitchen into a bathroom. The thing I am most pleased is that sam did it at INSTANT short notice and very professional and on time without giving you a surprising bill.

Many thanks Sam. Will definitely use him again.

Would also like to recommend Sam Lovatt at Dearne Plumbing and Bathrooms.

Sorted out a problem with a stop tap, that other plumbers were not interested in fixing due to where it was.

Not a problem to Sam, got the job done very quickly.

Very pleased.

Turned up when he said he would, cleaned up after himself, very reasonably priced.

Will hopefully be getting Sam to redo our bathroom later in the year.

Edited by cjt2

We have a Manhattan freesat box for the television in our sitting room and one in our bedroom. The one in the bedroom records perfectly. The one in the sitting room however :( We frequently record something, but then when we set it going, the playback hiccups and stutters so it's unwatchable and we end up going into the Amazon firestick and watch on the BBC/ITV/etc hubs.

Question: Can anyone recommend a good television/freesat engineer/technician who would be able to sort it out for us? We're fed up of it!!

Many thanks.

I need some internal joinery work done and I’m looking for a qualified reputable joiner / company that someone out there has used at some time and can be recommend, I’ve searched joiners / company’s etc. based in Sheffield and if recommendation from one on my list is forth coming I will try them.

Many thanks :)

Andrew Hall

0774 7026254

He has done small and large jobs for us and I would thoroughly recommend him.

Much as I'd rather not make him any more in demand that he already is, I have to add my recommendation for S6 Handyman, Lee Rodgers (no, you can't have his number, lol). He's just replaced some felt roofing, decorated my utility room in super quick time to a great standard and, more importantly, re-grouted the tiled floor in my kitchen/diner and hallway, which was a very large area and he was a true hero (no-one else would do it!). A real hard worker and can turn his hand to anything. Will be booking him again for sure.

@harvey19

Contact Jeff Smith @ Joinery Solutions, he's done a number of jobs for me, all of which have been completed to a very high standard, on time and on budget

@harvey19

Contact Jeff Smith @ Joinery Solutions, he's done a number of jobs for me, all of which have been completed to a very high standard, on time and on budget

Thank you kind regards to you and your family ta jeff

Hi All,

New to Sheffield and referred to this forum for recommendations.

I would like to thank Sam Lovatt at Dearne Plumbing and Bathrooms for his help in sorting out water valves. Sam was kind enough to fit us in the very same day I called. Very reasonable Rate.

Will use again in the future.

Matt