2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Can anyone recommend a general builder who can put in a couple of RSJs and make good around the new opening? Preferably one who can get to the job quickly as we've been let down by the builder we originally hired.

Thank you!

Can anyone recommend someone who can put wallpaper in my living room ASAP? I'm based in S9

Can anyone recommend a garden fencing company?

So far I've tried 3, 2 of which are in a mile radius of where we live (S5) have failed either to phone to arrange an appointment or arranged to call and then not turned up. The other one (picked up from the forum) was supposed to come at 12.30 today and didn't turn up.

So far I've tried 3, 2 of which are in a mile radius of where we live (S5) have failed either to phone to arrange an appointment or arranged to call and then not turned up. The other one (picked up from the forum) was supposed to come at 12.30 today and didn't turn up.

I can recommend Dean from Acorn Fencing who is in the S5 area, excellent finish, and reasonably priced. His number is 07514750959 or 01142340769

Apparently the one meant to come at 12.30 went to the wrong house, but instead of phoning while he was there to check the address, he went back home and phoned me at 5pm, initially saying I'd given him the wrong house number. As it turns out, I hadn't. So, thanks but no thanks.

---------- Post added 20-11-2016 at 15:30 ----------

I can recommend Dean from Acorn Fencing who is in the S5 area, excellent finish, and reasonably priced. His number is 07514750959 or 01142340769

Thanks. We've got someone finally coming around tomorrow, although I'm not holding my breath till it actually happens, but I'll keep this one in mind as well.

Hi we are looking for someone to clear our front and back gardens (both are not big as we are in a terraced house).

Basically to remove all plants first.

Then we need to rebuild the walls in both gardens and a garden fence. The back garden wall is, I believe, shared with the one living opposite to us (but our house is a bit higher up than theirs).

After that, we may want to plant some herbs and do weeding.

Does a garden service company provide all of the above services? Or shall we get a gardener and someone to do brick work separately? Any recommendation? We are in S8.

Thanks

I'm looking to have a 2-bed semi detached house repointed.

Can anyone either:

1) recommend anyone to do the job

2) give me any indication of a price - I accept every job is different but if anyone has had a 2 or 3-bed semi detached or a terraced/town house it'd give me a ballpark expectation

I have a bit of time off work between Christmas and New year, and a bit after.

A job I keep meaning to have done is to redo the shower room. Is it too short notice for the recommended fitters off here? I know the best book up well in advance but it would be a good time for me.

It is tiny, sink, toilet, shower. tiled walls, all very 80s :-)

Hello there,

We are looking for someone to fix our front and back garden walls. One side of the front garden walls has fallen down. Would anyone have any recommendation of a good company / workman to do the job? The key thing is that they have to have got insurance in place to cover their work if that makes sense.

Thanks

Hello there,

We are looking for someone to fix our front and back garden walls. One side of the front garden walls has fallen down. Would anyone have any recommendation of a good company / workman to do the job? The key thing is that they have to have got insurance in place to cover their work if that makes sense.

Thanks

You aint going to get anyone who has insurance to cover there work i dont think ./ You want recomendations from people who they have done similar work for. :hihi:

Make sure they check the foundations out and if its a re=taining wall its thick enough at least 13 inch wide

Edited by spider1

I just wanted to add a recommendation & pass on a huge thank-you to the guys at County Glazing in Hillsborough (0114325325).

They fitted an upstairs window for me a while ago...all work done to an extremely high standard & very reasonably priced.

I'd just taken delivery of some furniture on a particularly rainy day earlier this week, having not given much thought to whether it would actually fit through the doors when I ordered it.

Unfortunately it didn't.

I called County Glazing in a bit of a panic, they were extremely reassuring & turned up within 20 minutes, they managed to take the front window off...post the furniture into the living room & replace the window in about 10 minutes! Panic over.

I am extremely grateful for their fantastic efforts & would not hesitate to recommend these thoroughly wonderful group of chaps at County Glazing.

Many thanks.

I have a bit of time off work between Christmas and New year, and a bit after.

A job I keep meaning to have done is to redo the shower room. Is it too short notice for the recommended fitters off here? I know the best book up well in advance but it would be a good time for me.

It is tiny, sink, toilet, shower. tiled walls, all very 80s :-)

You may struggle i'm afraid, i'm booked up till June.