2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Can anyone recommend a reliable and reasonable landscape gardener please?

Can anyone recommend a reliable landscape gardener? Garden needs completely gutting and starting from scratch.

Hi - can anybody recommend a local company to replace a concrete drive and install drainage S8 area?

The pull switch on my shower has given up the ghost can anyone recommend a an electrician to fit a new one.

The pull switch on my shower has given up the ghost can anyone recommend a an electrician to fit a new one.

Look for sparky Sam on here

Hi,

Could anyone recommend a reliable electrician to move and install a new fuse box, put in some spotlights and a few other bits - would need to be able to provide a certificate too. Thanks.

RCD Electrical of Ecclesfield should sort you out. They did a really good job for my helper last weekend. Living room light wasn't working and she had visitors coming. RCD sent electrician Paul round next day (Saturday). He checked the wiring and replaced the switch for the price of call-out plus parts. Excellent service, would use again.

Hi all, anyone recommend any good builders for a garage conversion with assistance in submitting the building reg applications? many thanks

Hi all, anyone recommend any good builders for a garage conversion with assistance in submitting the building reg applications? many thanks

Just had this same done, I was very happy with Riza Constructions - all good contractors working with an architect for planning permission.

MV

Another recommendation for Steve (Corgigasman) came and installed a new boiler, radiators in rooms etc. Steve is very knowledgeable and tells you what is required and what would suit best. Hes reliable, turns up on time all the time. does the work as described in the quotes. and even more. very trustworthy, we just gave him a key and let him get on with what he needed to do. ( Not something you always want to do) but with both of us working it would have been difficult but we didn't have any worry with Steve. Always on the end of the phone to discuss anything. at the end of the job he went through what he had done, what we needed to do to maintain things. Will be using him again in the very near future to do our bathroom.

Thanks Again Steve.

I am looking for a good joiner, as I need fairly fast a duplicate for my telephone cabinet door (a 2x1 frame and a sheet of plywood approx 60cmx120).

My existing cabinet door can be taken as template, it is the right measure but is warped.

And also have another job to do in the house, which could be discussed later.

Any advise welcome

MV

Another recommendation for Steve (Corgigasman) came and installed a new boiler, radiators in rooms etc. Steve is very knowledgeable and tells you what is required and what would suit best. Hes reliable, turns up on time all the time. does the work as described in the quotes. and even more. very trustworthy, we just gave him a key and let him get on with what he needed to do. ( Not something you always want to do) but with both of us working it would have been difficult but we didn't have any worry with Steve. Always on the end of the phone to discuss anything. at the end of the job he went through what he had done, what we needed to do to maintain things. Will be using him again in the very near future to do our bathroom.

Thanks Again Steve.

Thank you for the feedback, greatly appreciated :-)